'The Sleeper'

The attention to detail in this continues to amaze.

So glad you're keeping it and taking that extra step.

Perspex windows?

I assume you have solid engine mounts? wouldnt like the inlet to be contacting the brace too much....

Love it, love it, love it

Wished you had sold me it when i had the dough though but its great to see you back in the swing of things

OK, I finished off chopping up the rear hatch today, including removal of the lock, latch, cables for boot / fuel release, release handle and a shit load of metal that wasn't doing anything.

In order to secure the hatch, I used a set of stainless steel bonnet pins...

HatchPin1.jpg

HatchPin2.jpg

Trying to get them to line up was a pain in the a**e, but after a few hours all was good.

With the addition of the pins, I still managed to save another 3.2 kgs!

Off now to get my clutch from the post office (buggers want nearly £100 on Import Duty and Taxes)!

nice work with the pins!

as for those bloody Robbin fookers, it's bloody handling charges of about twenty quid that really bugs me!

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

I hope you don't leave your car anywhere it can be knicked Dave, seeing as it's security will now be lessened ?

It gets disabled while it is parked up!

Unless you know what you are doing, you will never get it started!

nice one boyo, ready for the weighbridge yet?

I'm going to do the clutch first and then get it on the scales!

I recon around 1000 kgs going by how much I have removed!

Tell me about it!

I'm not off again till next Saturday, so it will have to wait!

Dying to get it done now and get racing!

I was talking to Specky today with the blue silly power Tigra and he mentioned you when he saw my car, asked if you were going to be at TOTB, as last time you were there in the bandit you raced him or something.

I'd love to see you go up against him, but i think he's running 600+bhp and got a 9.8 last year, so might be a bit quick for you now.

Yeah, we raced at TOTB 6 where I beat him in the actual race, but he managed to scrape into the 11's at around 124 mph, beating me overall on the day in the 1/4 mile FWD class.

Here's a video of us racing back in 2007 at the Ten of The Best 6 event...

[video=youtube;CW8-0maL17s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW8-0maL17s[/video]

OK, just weighed the new clutch and flywheel...

Flywheel - 3.28 kgs (7.25 lbs)
Clutch - 4.33 (9.57 lbs)

Does anyone know what the Fidanza Flywheel weighs and what an ACT (or similar) clutch weighs?

Back
Top Bottom