'The Sleeper'

Has Dave hit the point where he has "too much" power for drag racing?

Big big power v's big power in a battle of who's gonna blow it up first! That's likely to be an awsome race :D

Don't think Stu or Bull have much left to do to get their cars faster.

I think whoever gets Shaggy to drive your cars is going to win as you're both.....
fatbastard.jpg

Custom Gearbox FTW

york is as bad as crail, need to be run at pod or shakeys no point otherwise..

so all the gears have been shot peened and cryo-treated Dave?

That bracket will solve all you problems :euro:

I will be uploading the map for 22 psi and that will be it.

I now have the option to independantly set boost for 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears, so traction shouldn't be an issue once I've selected 2nd.

As long as it holds together, it will be good, I promise you all that!

I will be down south this year, but August 1st will be a testing day for me at Crail.

Once I am happy with how it runs there, then it can only get better at Santa Pod or Shakeys.

I'm going to have to take a look at the dates and see what time I can get down.

Cheers

Dave

selective boost sounds a damn good idea, MUST BREAK INTO THE 12S :D

why cant teh date be a week late lol im up scotland the next weekend ha

your a determined legend on here dave!

OK, today was the day to change the rear suspension springs.

After watching my videos from last year's Banzai @ Crail, one thing I noticed was that the rear end dropped by quite a bit when launching the car, thus not doing me any favours in th traction dept. Even with the dampers set at rock hard, it was still the same.

As checking the springs on the rear coilovers, I found that they were only rated to 230 lbs, which is just too soft. I mean some family cars have stiffer than that from the factory for fuck's sake!

So, after much research and considering the front end was pretty well sorted, I went with a set of Gaz springs rated at 400 lbs.

Upon receiving them, I expected them to be solid, but they are so hard that I cannot even move them.

I removed the rear coilovers and to my horror all of the adjusting nuts and even the base for setting the ride height was seized.

So after much swearing, lots of time with WD-40 and an eternity with the wire brush, I managed to clean up the threads enough to be able to move the nuts by hand.

All I can say is that there is a dramatic launch improvement and it also looks a lot better thanks to being lowered by an inch and a half.

I was worried that they may be too much for the road, but they are actually quite nice and probably match the dampening a lot better now.

Roll on August 1st!!!

one problem with the ksports is the rust :( only thing now is your dampers wont be matched to the springs so they could pop

I coated the damper threads so it should be OK for corrosion.

As for blowing a damper seal...that's a risk that I am willing to take!

dave you need to raise the back end up and lower the front man. have you seen speccys tigra setup? has a little more power than you (a lot less weight too) but he gets 10's[video=youtube;gw6A-bJlzOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw6A-bJlzOI&feature=related[/video]

Impressive. Good call having someone in the passenger seat during burnout.

dave you need to raise the back end up and lower the front man. have you seen speccys tigra setup? has a little more power than you (a lot less weight too) but he gets 10's[video=youtube;gw6A-bJlzOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw6A-bJlzOI&feature=related[/video]

Nah that doesn't work...I used to have that high / low setup, but the suspension will always try and level out that way.

If you watch that video carefully, you can actually see the back end drop and the front end rise.

If you look at all the really fast FWD cars, like the SFWD Civics that run 8's and 9's, they all have level suspension.

Guys like these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2PHR4JJ7rA&feature=player_embedded

This car cuts 1.5 60ft times consistantly!

Sounds good Dave, but must admit I would have guessed the same as Wezz that dropping the rear ride height would be detrimental to your launch (even if it doesn't squat as much). Time will tell I suppose & I'll be happy to be wrong, lol. :)

ah well i dont know then, the opposite for speck, he tried the level way and it didnt work, better for him with the high/low.

plus with your harder rear springs i doubt its going to squat :lol:

Back
Top Bottom