White SR20 N16 Sport

Christ almighty Liam ! :lol: Is this your daily driver or do you have another car to commute with ? Taking into account that my Phase 2 made 98 bhp @ the wheels with just a panel filter & back box, I'm predicting you'll make 100 bhp. You've got slightly less as standard, but then have a full exhaust system fitted. Plus yours will also weigh around 150 kgs less with the strippage, so I reckon you'll easily see a low 16 sec run on the 1/4 mile :)

This is my daily driver Paul :lol: cant afford to run 2 cars unfortunatly. Its not too bad as my drive to work is only 2.5miles. All other driving is for enjoyment :D

Im setting my sights at 90whp (ish) as the motors getting on a bit, 108k, so id rather aim low, any higher and it'll be a bonus.

Im hoping for 175kg reduction over standard by thursday for the weigh-in :)

My last quarter was 16.5 with crap tyres, stock exhaust and about 30-40kgs over how it stands now. Im looking to have improved by 2 tenths, so im looking for 16.3 ;)

liam serious effort at stripping here. What car you use when you wanna take a bird out tho lol. When you doing your first quarter mile this year bud

You reckon joe?

As said im my other post id rather have my sights set low, then if i go better it'll be awesome!

And the sound deadening will be coming out dude, got a heatgun now, just need to get round to it :)

Lol at rich....if she dont like it rough from the outset, i wont be bringing her home ;)

Oh and first quarter runs will be the first meet at shakeys :)

First Shakeys meet this year, will be the 17th april :D
Get the sound deadening out definitely, that shit weighs a ton :)
Everything in the entire car, think to yourself, do I need it? If the answer isn't a positive yes, rip it out haha.
Joe

17ths my sisters bday, but fuck it, she has a birthday every year, plus quarter mile is serious stuff!! :lol:

Thats the attitude ive been having with it latley joe, everytime i got in it, i thought, 'do i actually need a dashboard? All it seems to be there for is to hold the speedo in place!'

So out it came :D

After the sound deadening and heater matrix are out, theres no really anything else in there to take out :(

I was thinking that, but im not really too clued up about under bonet goings on, so i dont really know where to start or what can be removed. Ive taken the basics off,like resonator box, bonnet lining, a few clips/brackets and air con, but other than that im a bit stuck :(

Carbon Canister removal, and a Lighter Battery would be my first moves.
Also, have you removed headlining/interior plastics?
Joe

Ok bud, ill have a look in the fsm for the carbon canister.

As for the lighter battery, what would you recommend?

Theres nothing inside now apart from two seats, harnesses and a steering wheel! Anything that isnt structural or welded on has been ripped out :D

dont heat the sound deadening that shit gets messy, freeze it ;)

buy some freeze spray (plumbers use it) spray it all over the stuff youl hear it creak and crack, wail on it with a hammer and it will lift up in big helpful pieces :)

or do it on a cold day and you wont even need the spray :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDfiBEK_29U"]YouTube- Charade GTti/GTxx Sound Proofing Removal[/ame]

dont heat the sound deadening that shit gets messy, freeze it ;)

buy some freeze spray (plumbers use it) spray it all over the stuff youl hear it creak and crack, wail on it with a hammer and it will lift up in big helpful pieces :)

i just decided to search google for this.

one of the first results :

318GbXJSH2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

ouch

Back
Top Bottom