1998 Almera Si

They`ll rattle your dentures out mate....... :lol:

look like mine....

mount003.jpg

My front ones a bit stiffer though......... ;)

TT-NISSANSM-std.jpg

hmmmm, wheres that from ian? you brought it or did you have it made?

the idea was to do it properly, first time, to eliminate any losses with the engine rocking, might do some bondo spec g/box and pulley-side mounts if these turn out ok :D

just for the record, the front one i separated and filled the prongs on the centre piece with bondo, then pushed the centre back in and filled in the gaps.

roll on sunday so i can get them fitted and hopefully my plug leads will stop popping out then. whoops :D

ENGINE MOUNT FITTING

2 hrs, lots of swearing, lots of broken hands, lots of tears, loads of coffee and tabs and a roast lamb dinner, and we have the following. just gotta go put bumper back on when i can be arsed....

anyway...

step one. bumper off and up the ramps, cradle off and get the mounts off. first doseage of pain to left hand after some ratchet slip trying to get the front bolts out from where the cradle bolts to the front cross member. question 1. what the fuck is this?!

IMG_0436.jpg

on first impressions this nearly went downthe road after it looked in good condition but on closer inspection shows signs of perishing in the corners of the rubbers...

IMG_0437.jpg

ready to go back in...

IMG_0438.jpg

mounts on...

IMG_0439.jpg

must remember to hoover mums best rug off before it goes back in the front room :D

IMG_0440.jpg

right, now then. got the front and rear bolts in the cradle, after more swearing, pain and tabs, then discovered that the hole in the rear mount no-where near lined up. bastard.

introducing.... THE WIDOWMAKER...

widowmakerbt5.jpg

get in there son....

IMG_0441.jpg

:D

all fitted and sitting pretty, not tried it yet because i decided to eat some lamb and drink coffee. gonna go stick it all back together in a bit and give her a go.

cheers for reading.

a very sore fingered tommo.

needs a new sump gasket by the looks of it :s

feels tight, job well done :D

getting a solid front mount made p similar to rowdys, maybes a prothane rear at some point....

good stuff mr tommo, no floppy flop now eh?

i think that part in the first pic is called a torsional damper, cant see what it does lol

widow maker looks the spit of the jack in a KA, jacked the ka up with it and it rolled straight off the jack, rolling the car forward and missed mine by a few inches lol

i use one called TexFlex polyurethane sealant. seems quite popular in motor factors down this way.... will be using it for me vzr splitters as well :)

just read right through your thread fella...definitely transformed the old girl, looks spot on.

how hard was it to fit that manifold... my SSAC i got for the sunny SR was a total pain in the arse!! only thing i would do now is get some cold air ducting to that BMC

cheers pal!

manifold was a relatively pain free experience to be honest, had more grief with the decat...

BMC is effective enough as it is, doesnt get hot at all, got the indicator vent and loads of air going through the grill, i will try it with ducting at some point though :)

still no vzr splitters :(

couldnt get the hose to sit properly and it kept slipping into the wing. besides, this is testing for now....

:I

hello again :D

sacked off the intake hose on the BMC, found it was strangled top end of the revs.....

gave her a wash this morning....

IMG_0458.jpg

de-wipered....

IMG_0455.jpg

and fitted some GTiR seats, cheers dave :D

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

tom.

i actually think the R seats suit the almera so much better than GTi ones

Your car just keeps on getting better :)

The seats are a nice touch, may i ask what the 2 extra knobs are for?

Whats the driving position like, do the R seats sit any lower than almera ones?

i didnt adjust any bracket like the other dude did, i put washers in to space out the mounts. driving position is similar to gti seats, which is similar to Si seats lol

the 2 extra knobs are to adjust the height of the seat base (front and back) only got them on the drivers side though :)

Back
Top Bottom