1998 Almera Si

GTi-R steats... I want. Hrm, but would they fit an N16?

All looking really good there tommo :thumb: Tyre detailer works well too.

maybe you need a bigger cold air feed fella, only small compared to the opening on the filter housing. the R seats do look good too :D

could be, but it seems to be fine without, so better the devil you know....

now then. first up, had to swap back to gti seats as i couldnt get the seats to sit low enough on the rear mounts and kept bangin my head on the roof as im a lanky get. there not technically my seats so i dint wanna start chopping brackets.

secondly, with HUGE thanks to o dog, at long last the VZR rear splitters turned up, hit the spray booth (street) soon as i got home as the weather was nice, got them temporarily screwed on (with bondo as well) til i get time to put the screws in properly in the rear arch part of the bumper, got them painted, no laquer though as it started to rain. got dimples in the paint now. arse. gonna have to re do them. arse X2.

anyway, couple of pics for ya's.....

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

cheers

tom.

reason for editing: i think that looks fuckin awesome.

Such a sexy car, muuuuuchos kudos!

Out of interest, how much roughly have you spent on her so far?

Are the GTiR seats a straight swap?

Joe x

OoOoh a kiss, i must be doin summat right lol there a 'nearly' straight swap. i found that the bolt holes all line up, but on the driver seat, the rear mount nearest the tunnel sits too high, so the rear mount nearest the door needs washers or a spacer under it, and on the passenger seat, the mount nearest the tunnel needs washers or a spacer under it, as the mount nearest the passenger door is the same height as an N15 seat..

i should imagine it would be possible to drill out the studs that holds the 2 fore-mentioned mounts, do the same on an N15 seat and bolt or spot weld the N15 mounts to the gtir seat rail, in the same place as the original mount. this should give the correct height of the seat on all the mounts then.

if you could follow my idea then fair play, as i nearly lost myself.

thanks for all the comments to, i know its only a 1.4, i never make it out to be something its not, its good for what it is, but im mega proud of how she has turned out. corbs wants to GA16 it later this year, we'll see ;)

next up is to sort out the weepy sump and she should be good for a few months then. until i spy another possible tommo bodge mod :D

:thumbs: tom.

is there any point in swapping in a GA16 when i want a gti next anyway....

probably stick with this for a bit then go on the lookout for a non kit P1 gti then put my bumpers and stuff on it.

Back
Top Bottom