1998 Almera Si

Oh right yeah because you've declared all your other mods...

GA engines look the same anyway! It's not like a GTi conversion. And the engine would cost pennies! Plus I reckon your fuel economy would improve. You have to rag the 14 at high revs all the time, the 16 had noticeably more torque low down.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

do it do it, i found the low power power advantage of the 16 from the 14, it will easily and comfortably pull you along through the gears without even needing to go 2k rpm plus it doesnt even grumple at 25mph in 5th gear.

put a header on and it transforms it, do it, such an easy swap, you know u wanna :p

yeh i'll vouch for this as i had a 1.4 sunny and my 1.6 SR sunny, the difference is there. then when i put my SSAC, FSE, straight through stainless and BMC on it was a little stormer

i know its no going to be gti power but if insurance worries are a factor here then id do the swap. compare the quarter miles of ours, ive got a 16.7 on 17" alloys, so with gti alloys it would be even faster up the strip, prob nearly a second faster up the strip than yours at the mo

do it, will take like half a day, please keep the 1.4 box on though, short ratios and longer 5th i believe so mroe speed, weee

Its a tough one, id say yes to the swap provided it can be done on the cheap.
You seem pretty set on getting a GTi in the future so i wouldnt bother tinkering with the 1600, unless its something that you really want to do. Just swap your current bits over, exhaust and filter.

Personally, I would love to see a proper all motor GA16 built, but you have to be pretty mad to do it when you know you can easily slap an SR in there.

Oh right yeah because you've declared all your other mods...

i have actually.

gonna wait til i get a gti. i know its an easy swap but to me its not worth the hassle. damn you all for putting ideas into my poor little brain cell :D

not bad, tbh pisses me off how they can put an ST badge on a fiesta, a focus ST deserves that badge cus it shifts but a fiesta weighing like 1.2 tonnes with 150bhp, same performance as a ten year old GTi! lol

had a pop at an ST a lil while ago, we were in a celica GT4 carlos sainz edition (model with the pop up lights), 5 people in teh car and the ST still couldnt get away haha, waste of money.

Anyway tommo, when are you getting a GTi, im looking for one atm :)

Anyway tommo, when are you getting a GTi, im looking for one atm :)

pass. money is a bit thin on the ground at the mo, been off work with a fucked back which doesnt help cashflow and im off down cornwall in 4 weeks on a lads holiday. bout 3 yrs time by the looks of it lol nah probs towards end of this year. red non kit P1 gti with all my bits on it. nice :)

Back
Top Bottom