1998 Almera Si

holy crap! thats nearly the same time as mine and its a 1600 stripped!!!! seriously you got any tips?

Nice one Tom. is that a PB? How`d you work out the 0-60MPH from the timeslip?

Now get it stripped out proper!

think the 660ft mark tallys up with the 61.89mph as mph2 goes with the 1320ft mark at the bottom.

just take a bit of time off the 660 reading possibly?

nice one like i said on the phone needs stripping properly man im just gutted couldnt come up. but no point tunning with a slipping clutch!!

well done mate, an inspiration to other Si owners.

coilovers, lightweight wheels and some bigger brakes..you could hang with cars with twice the power on twistie roads.

cov: theres no special technique, it was just no holds barred. all or nothin. flat out wi' ya cock out....

rowdy: the 660 time was 11.080@61.89 so for 1.89mph less, i should imagine that just about broke into the 10's.... if not, 11 dead is still respectable for a 1 ton 1400cc....

it was only my last run that i managed to pull out that time, thats why i brought that picture as well, because at that point on the photo id launched it hard style, and i had a huge pull to the left but i kept the foot buried lol it will go quicker next year, more strippage, more budget mods, i may as well see how far you can take an NA 1.4 on a budget :D

cheers all :D

hmm i launched hard last time i went there and it just spun and I thought well the times gonna be crap unless i let off and let the tyres grip then floor it again

cheers dale. planning on more weight loss and a bit of fine tuning to dip into the 16's next yr.....

its staying stripped for now anyway, so i popped the side panels back in and sprayed the floor black.

quick night time pic........

IMG_0250.jpg

gti steering wheel with the airbag removed, completely ingenius bracketory required, but its in, it works, and the horn works fine.....

IMG_0251.jpg

also: HUGE thanks to rowdy gti for supplying me with T50 anti tamper star bit and givin us a ride out in the gti. top bloke. but man, that gti is fuckin awesome. next car definitely decided.....

tommo said:
gti steering wheel with the airbag removed, completely ingenius bracketory required, but its in, it works, and the horn works fine.....

IMG_0251.jpg

Did you take the airbag out to save weight? How much does the airbag unit weigh?

no, i took it out as i had to solder a wire behind the wheel, not 100% what it was for, guessed at horn but didnt trust a bodged wire. bit extreme i know but meh this is not a face of concern. much prefer drilling a couple of rivets out and knockin a bracket or two up than putting the battery back on and having an airbag go off in my face lol

cheers

tom

suteki is together, ive used joint sealer, which is sandable/paintable etc so i stil have to clean it up, so dont race in with comments of it being tatty as its not yet finished or meshed....

close up

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273edit.jpg

and a side note, hopefuly the future, cheers to corbs for the chop, and after mucho thoughto i said i wasnt bothered but im gonna start lookin out for a P1 GTI rear bumper/splitter....

superslammed.jpg

tom.

tommo said:
also: HUGE thanks to rowdy gti for supplying me with T50 anti tamper star bit and givin us a ride out in the gti. top bloke. but man, that gti is fuckin awesome. next car definitely decided.....

No worries Tom ;) ........ when you getting a gti then? :D

Back
Top Bottom