Almera TSi

good compression, no water getting into oil and vise versa, no bad leaks, id put it down to the rad myself dude
You may be right, i hope so anyway. Thanks for your thoughts.

Corbs, yeah a GTi rad would be much better, just need some custom hosing.

I dont think twins will fit due to my new exhaust running close to the rad.

In fact, my exhaust running close to the rad cant be helping things!!

dont think the twin fans are any deeper than a single dale, running 2 fans would help but with a GA radiator the 2nd fan overhangs the rad. Stock radiator is very thin, got to be a limit for it.

You can get 53mm aluminium KOYO rads for the sentra... :)

downpipe could probably do with heatwrapping, gti rad, see how you get on. you rang up ed to tell him what you done today? see what he thinks? still goin tomorrow or not risking it?

I'll be there Tommo, i wanna see the action.
I may even run, once.
I have tried ringing Ed twice today, but it went to answer phone. He thought the Head gasket had failed, same as me.

Going to pick some water wetter up tommorow morning and then have a tootle down to shakeys, probably be there for about 10am.

thats bad news man :( will produce very good figures then when its fuelling right though :)

gti rad for sure

Yeah, if all is well with this engine i'll source the following:

370cc Injectors
GTi Radiator
Oil Cooler

.....and then get it mapped it for 10psi max, it feels quick at 7psi but the tune is definately needing some work.
I wish it was running/driving better, i think i'll struggle to get a quick time on the 1/4 tommorrow. The powers there, but its not right. It only really gets going once i'm into the high end of 3rd gear.

A high 14 tommorrow would be satisfactory.

This new turbo setup really is the opposite of my old one, it makes next to no boost or power untill 3.5-4k rpm and then it pulls hard to the redline.
I havent managed to spin the wheels either, since the power delivery is so much different.

I should give some credit here to Ed@Fusion, he spent from 3pm till around 8:30pm working on the car, and hasnt charged me a penny. He knows im coming back.;)

Got the BC coilies on now, so took a few snaps of the car, as you do.
P1110357.jpg

P1110359.jpg

P1110361.jpg

P1110362.jpg

P1110366.jpg

How's it drive mate?

Yet to mess with the damping, but its a touch harsher than the preivous apex springs over a rough surface road (most roads). Its perfectly usable though, and not rock solid.
Even at this height its scraped over a few speed humps, which is annoying.

Havent really pushed the car through the bends, but im sure the handling will be better on a good surface, it does feel firmer, but i'll only find out the real difference on the track.

if you got rid of the black lights and painted the intercooler black stick a white phase 1 grill on there it would be supper sleeper!

looks fucking sweet anyway mate.. just carn't help thinking about what those extra 200cc's would do..

Back
Top Bottom