Almera TSi

ouch, pricey?

oh wait its nissan of course it is :(

That little lot comes to £260 delivered.

Ive also ordered some ARP rod bolts today, thanks to Paul (Cov) for 'hooking me up' :D once again.

I was speaking to ED at Fusion today and he's certain he can get one set of custom forged pistons made up from the states for me.

The downside is the cost....approx £900-1000

Oh fuck off...

For a £1000, you are getting robbed!

I had custom pistons made by JE for £450, that were exactly to my spec and that included rings, wrist pins, spiral locks and delivery from the U.S. inc. taxes.

Give them a call or email and see if they can make you a set.

Oh fuck off...

For a £1000, you are getting robbed!

I had custom pistons made by JE for £450, that were exactly to my spec and that included rings, wrist pins, spiral locks and delivery from the U.S. inc. taxes.

Give them a call or email and see if they can make you a set.

as above £1000!! for pistons :rolleyes: you could spend that getting a custom crank! take the engine up to 1.8! :cool:

just send JE your pistons and tell them what compression ratio your after and youll be away :D

Yeah bud, I'm sure if you sent a stock piston to JE and asked them to basically make a forged version, even with slightly beefier ring lands, then I'm sure they could help you out.

But they couldnt calculate the CR without knowing the rest of the specs though right? (i.e combustion chamber volume, deck clearance, head gasket thickness etc).

I'll get in touch with JE and see what they can do. Ideally, id like a slightly lower CR too.

Thanks for the help.

I've been doing a bit of research into this bud...

The GA16DE piston is a 76mm piston, with a 19mm wrist / piston pin.

The only info' I cannot find is the compression height (which is the distance between the centre of the wrist / piston pin, to the top of the piston deck.

Now, CP PISTONS stock a forged piston (part number SC7052) for the Honda D16Y8 which has a 76mm bore, 19mm wrist pin and a deck height of 29.31mm.

If the comp' height of the GA piston is close to that, then the Honda piston should work OK.

Could you take that measurement to find out, as this may be a solution.

some info for you two..

ell guys its official the D16 will fit the GA16DE motor at 1mm oversized, I compared the GA16DE pistons,D16 pistons and A14 pistons

The D16 piston deck to pin height is correct at 20mm the same as the GA16DE piston the only problem is the D16 piston has an extra 10mm skirt where the GA16DE doesn’t but this can be machined off if need be also the flat top piston I measured has very deep valve recesses possibly bring the compression back to stock.

I would like to source PG6B pistons the piston measured was for the SOHC VTEC D16

Also the GA16DE carbureted has a high compression piston then the fuel injected GA16DE around 9.8

Hi man!

I put PG6 (0.40) D16 pistons on al old std. GA16DE block. The GA make 270psi with .25 shave head, stock cams and stock OEM head gasket with "Cooper Spray". Where do you find the billet 272 cams? No is a regrind? In my opinion remplace the ECU, Injectors and maf for the SR20DE, daughterboard on your SR ecu and tune your car!!!

there standard ones so low comp D16 pistons would work :D they would just be alittle high compression than advertised...

GA16DE Piston info (GA16DE)
-------------------------------------
Standard Diameter: 76.00mm
1st Group : 1.5 mm
2nd Group : 1.5 mm
Oil Ring : 2.8 mm
Pistons pin: 19mm (source FSM)

D16 Piston
--------------
Standard Diameter: 75.00mm
1st Group : 1.2 mm
2nd Group : 1.5 mm
Oil Ring : 2.8 mm
Pistons pin: 19mm (source http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/pistonnotes.htm)

Hmm thanks guys.

Just rougly measured the ga16 piston compression height, its about 32-33mm?

If my logic is correct here, that essentially would mean i would want a high compression version of the honda d16y8 piston?

Back
Top Bottom