Almera TSi

Oh for fucks sake.:mad: Just measured the bore.

Worst fears confirmed, the engine isnt even GA16, its another 14.

'Nissan1st' will be getting an unpleasant phone call tomorrow.

whats on the block? have they rubbed off the stamping? thats insane! :mad: gutted man

No the stampings arent rubbed off. The car isnt at my house so i cant pull up the numbers up at the minute.

Tbh, i didnt care to check the engine stamp code, i asked and paid for a 1.6 engine so that is what i expect to recieve.

I even phoned them the day the engine turned up, because they had written 1397 on the cam cover.
When i spoke to them to queiry it they assured me that the number was a 'stock number' and that the engine had come out of a primera.

Oh man, im gonna kick off big time::mad2:

what is the difference in bore again on the ga16 to the ga14?
couldnt you just bore it out to the same as a ga 16 and get the idiots who lied and sold ya a ga14 to pay for said job to be done as they misssold you the engine?
and threaten them leagally?

Dale mate... Errrr... you made a 196bhp GA14...

W T F !!!!

I say instead of splashing out on more pistons etc, you actually buy a good nick GA16 and try with that..?
If you need help doing the swap the offer still stands..
Just imagine what figures a sorted GA16 would pull!
Joe

Cheers Joe, new engine on its way.

Nissan1st agreed to send a replacment 1.6 engine free of charge.

Edit: I'll be rebuilding the engine though with all new parts and forged pistons so i know evertihngs tip top.

Wow what a turn out. This is going to be epic then with 1.6 and forged on top of what you got with the 14!

look at vitara pistons that what those boys from backyard racing are using in their D16......

excellent! Glad theyve sorted u out. Going for th honda pistons?

They actually offered to fit the engine for free too. ( I didnt take that offer up)

But yeah im gonna go for the D16Y8 8:1 CR Forged piston set.
Sorry to mess you about Paul, i just think its for the best.

I guess i can live with putting a few Honda parts on my Nissan, just dont tell anybody.:D

no sweat dale. This is going to be an immense motor. Up the rev limiter. I think arp bolts torque twice as much but youll have to confirm what the kit says when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom