Almera TSi

Positive, measured from centre of the wrist pin to the top of the piston crown.

Was searching around on this last night, and there are definately a couple of mixed fugures, inlcuding a stated 29mm (just like the honda d16 pistons) and also 20mm... mine are 32-33mm.

Maybe cov will confirm 32-33mm for us on his set.

yeah i dont think i have any pistures of my GA16 pistons.. if cov could take a picture with a ruler next to it would be great :D

If that's the case then I would go for the stated CP Piston that I mentioned in the previous post.

It should work out at around the 9:1 comp' ratio, meaning you can boost the shit out of it!

what messurements have you got dude?

the high compressoin in my posts was because it was a standard.. honda piston not a low comp piston.

if you really want it simple get a confirmed GA16 piston send it to CP and get them to copy it with thicker ring lands.. the standard GA16 has a 9.5:1 compressoin ratio anyway which is perfect for boosting.. no horrible calculatoins needed just a straight copy :D bobs your uncle..

its advertised as 9.9 actually but if you run the numbers it comes out as 9.525:1..

but doesnt matter end of the day its perfect for turbo :D

true and 10:1 SR20s seem fine boosted.

If your quotes are correct then the 9.8:1 figure probably came from the carbed GA16DS?

Hmm yeah dale check the bore as its been said 14 pistons are taller then the 16

as cov said the ga14 will be taller than the 16.. pin to crown.. whats stamped on the block.. silly question i know :S

sphinxmark found this out when trying to make a GA15DE that if you put a GA16DE crank into a GA14 your pistons would be smacking off the head.

as for CR i can check the brochure later. but i think that phil is right at 9.8:1

10:1 is not perfect for turbo.

Unless you run high octane fuel, you have to dial out a lot of timing to prevent it from detonating.

It becomes especially risky on a hot day, so trust me, do not boost a 10:1 comp' engine, as you are risking engine damage

9:1 is OK for boost, but 8:1 is even better, that way it is safe.

And for those you say, 'Ah but it's not nice to drive off boost as it feels flat', my engine makes more power off boost than my high comp' engine did.

Get low comp pistons, get ARP rod bolts and a decent gasket and boost the shit out of it!

10:1 is not perfect for turbo.

Unless you run high octane fuel, you have to dial out a lot of timing to prevent it from detonating.

It becomes especially risky on a hot day, so trust me, do not boost a 10:1 comp' engine, as you are risking engine damage

9:1 is OK for boost, but 8:1 is even better, that way it is safe.

And for those you say, 'Ah but it's not nice to drive off boost as it feels flat', my engine makes more power off boost than my high comp' engine did.

Get low comp pistons, get ARP rod bolts and a decent gasket and boost the shit out of it!

i wouldnt say 10:1 is not perfect for boost.. im looking at it like this.. dale has a relitivly small turbo.. so 10PSi on this isnt gona be the same as 10psi on your turbo.

forged 10:1 compresion pistons would be fine on a turbo car thats never gona push a crap load of boost anyway. there is no reasson why with good mapping a boosted 10:1 comp engine wont runn all day long for ages.. if he were going for an all out drag car with a huge turbo and massive amounts of boost i could understand you saying 10:1 is not good for boost..

standard GA16 internals with a T28

http://www.sr20-forum.com/members-rides/18688-almera-n15.html

330BHP it was on here aswell but carnt remember his name..

im trying to make it simple for dale he wants to rebuild it without much hassle.. send the pistons off get them coppied they will be strong and take whatever boost his turbo can throw at them.. will make awsome power and wont have to worry..

Oh for fucks sake.:mad: Just measured the bore.

Worst fears confirmed, the engine isnt even GA16, its another 14.

'Nissan1st' will be getting an unpleasant phone call tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom