Almera TSi

Current rev limiter is set at 7200rpm, i dont think the valve springs will take much more than that.

Sam, i had a look at these Vitara pistons, the aftermarket YCP ones seem to be the ones to go for.
...and they do a suitable 76mm oversize version.

Only trouble is that they are pretty low CR, about 7.5:1, Better suited to a larger sized turbo, high power application.
Theyre cheap as chips though, so still tempting none the less. Hmmm....

Good, I am glad you got everything sorted out.

If you finally go for the D16Y8 pistons, which I think you should, check to see where the wrist pin is situated as it may be slightly offset.
Oh and if you fit a TYPE R badge on your car, the AOC will disown you!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. BOOST BOOST BOOST!!!

I dont want to skimp out here, but this YCP Vitara piston option looks pretty good.

Okay, so the CR is gonna be a lilttle low, but i can live with issues/downsides associated with that.
The YCP pistons have proved theirselves to be plenty strong enough aswell, so no worries there.

They have fully floating wrist pins like the ga16, unlike the D series, which are pressed. So i wont need to faff about getting alterations made.

Ive figured out the slight wrist pin offsets too on these, so i know which way the pistons need fitting to minimise piston slap.

Any objections?

I dont want to skimp out here, but this YCP Vitara piston option looks pretty good.

Okay, so the CR is gonna be a lilttle low, but i can live with issues/downsides associated with that.
The YCP pistons have proved theirselves to be plenty strong enough aswell, so no worries there.

They have fully floating wrist pins like the ga16, unlike the D series, which are pressed. So i wont need to faff about getting alterations made.

Ive figured out the slight wrist pin offsets too on these, so i know which way the pistons need fitting to minimise piston slap.

Any objections?

get it done you going for .5 over or the same bore as the GA16?

The Vitara piston comes in 75, 75.5 and 76mm options. So I'll have to get the 76mm version.

Stock GA16 piston is 75.9XX mm, so the cylinders may need honing slightly to give the correct piston to wall clearance.

Im looking at a clearance of 0.003" (0.0762mm).

is it me, or are you getting excited again daley

Ha ha, can you tell?:cool:

Yeah, the last weeks been pretty shit, blowing the motor up and trying to decide whether to fix it....then discovering it wasnt even a 1.6 engine.

But now, i can see the light...around £500 all in for rebuild, and i'll have a reliable 200bhp.

Then i can move on, and start prepping this thing for the track.

It'll be the dirtiest slag you've ever set your eyes on.

Boost FTMFW.

ARP rod bolts
P3180395.jpg

YCP Vitara Pistons and hastings rings
P3180401.jpg

Installed (minus rings)
P3180407.jpg

fuckign awsome! how long till booooost!!

If all goes to plan i'll have it all fully built up during the week, ready to install next weekend.

Probably a good time to swap in the GA16 gearbox and shafts too.

Just got to sweet talk work into letting me borrow the engine hoist:lol:

Back
Top Bottom