Almera TSi

Have you got much planned exterior wise? I think a VZR grill would look good and call me crazy but I think white bumpstrips would look brilliant on your car.

Not much planned for the exterior,
-Clear side repeaters
-Ph2 Headlights
-VZR Grille
-Subtle front splitter
-Coilovers

I prefer the look without the bump strips mate, although sometimes i wish i had them to protect the bodywork.

HAVE YOU GOT ALL THE BITS YET?!

haha
i wanna see it done:(

:angry: I know mate, tell me about it.

The guy doing the manifold is really taking the piss.. i popped in today, he hasnt even started it yet! he says he is busy, and hasnt had chance. :mad:
I would tell him where to shove the damn manifold if i knew anyone else that could make it. The only good side is that he going to reduce the price because he is messing me about so much.

Once ive got the manifold i can fit everything up, sort out my oil and vacuum lines and modify the sump. Then i can drive to college install the piggyback and set her up on the RR.

Sorry guys for keeping you waiting...things never seem to go to plan!
Im not going to give you a finish date because i just dont know...this piggyback computer could be the next problem.

On a different note, im considering painting my front grille in matt black for a bit of added contrast. What do you think? Could anyone do me a photoshop please?

photoshop1.jpg

I'm undecided, it does look a bit like crash damage, maybe a VZR or JDM grille would be nicer?

I think even just a P2 grille would work coz the mesh is black isn't it

Thanks Corbs, im glad i didnt do it now! I doesnt suit my car. Ah well, I'll leave it as it is for now, maybe i'll get a vzr one at some point.

That's a meaty manifold i'm glad its going well! the longer it takes the more satisfying it'll be :D

Its quite a small manifold tbh kelv, the pipe diameter i chose to use is only 1 1/2" but should work well with this turbo and keep the gases flowing quickly and staying very hot, keeping lag to a minimum.
Here are the original plans/designs i had knocked up showing the original dimensions.
It turns out he managed to get the manifold slightly shorter with less depth than planned/agreed :) (which now gives me more room to play with, and removes the possiblilty of needing to modify the cooling fan surround due to clearance issues). I have marked the actual measurements in red font.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/daleberridge1/manifolddesign2.jpg

Also to give you an idea of the size of the wee turbocharger im using, I offered my air filter upto the the turbo and as you can see, the filter dwarfs the turbo slightly!!
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/daleberridge1/DSCF0061.jpg

lol, im actually getting quite frustrated with it now..its a lot of hassle, i feel that im letting you guys down because progress is so slow..

Trying to do this for less than 1K has been the biggest problem. Shopping around for cheap parts has been a serious time delay problem and still is. Looks like another 3 weeks+ waiting time for ceramic coating!

You think you've taken a long time.

Scott b, still hasn't got his DET in. lol

And where about in the west midlands are you from?

Dale said:
lol, im actually getting quite frustrated with it now..its a lot of hassle, i feel that im letting you guys down because progress is so slow..i go on about this conversion but i still have nothing to show for it and end up looking like i talk a lot of shit.

Trying to do this for less than 1K has been the biggest problem. If i had the money, id have this conversion done before you could say 'turbo almera'! Shopping around for cheap parts has been a serious time delay problem and still is. Looks like another 3 weeks+ waiting time for ceramic coating!

Hehe, Im only messing mate, you can take as long as you like, Its your money and your car at the end of the day.

Fair point, i suppose these things take time...i just want it finished though so badly.
Its got to be done right though at the end of the day..im guess im just impatient.

Im from west bromwich mate, near to dudley and birmingham.

Back
Top Bottom