Andrew's new piccies

Ive noticed the Brake pads are the same part number for the below. Could this mean that they also use the same calipers.

MITSUBISHI FTO 2.0 (GPX GP GPR) 95- Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Galant 2.5 VR4 90-93 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Galant 2.5 VR4 93- Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evo 2 94-95 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evo 3 2.0 95-96 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evo 4 2.0 96-97 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evo 5 2.0 RS 98-99 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI (J) Legnum 2.5 Turbo Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC

Jme_GTi said:
Ive noticed the Brake pads are the same part number for the below. Could this mean that they also use the same calipers.

MITSUBISHI FTO 2.0 (GPX GP GPR) 95- Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Galant 2.5 VR4 90-93 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Galant 2.5 VR4 93- Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evo 2 94-95 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evo 3 2.0 95-96 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evo 4 2.0 96-97 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evo 5 2.0 RS 98-99 Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC
MITSUBISHI (J) Legnum 2.5 Turbo Front Brake Pads Upgrade EBC

the evo 1 , 2, 3 calipers are the same as the fto i know that, im sure there must be more in the mitsuibushi range as well

br3n said:
as i said, they do that conversion on mitsubishi colts, so theres plenty of information on their club.

Theres also a worrying amount of colts with evo lumps and fto twin turbos :/ scary shit.

mitsucolt.com or .co.uk

My mate has a modded white mitsi colt, he informed me there is a huge amount of parts such as engines, coilover kits etc that use all the same mounting and bolt straight on.

going back to the brakes, i want better brakes so i may just by pass the gti conversion and go big straight away, your giving me ideas andrew lol

cov_racer said:
going back to the brakes, i want better brakes so i may just by pass the gti conversion and go big straight away, your giving me ideas andrew lol

Yes, I can see everyone having Evo brakes soon...

I'd say GTi would be sufficient for the Sunny cov, I'm upgrading the nx fronts to GTi discs+calipers/redstuff pads and keeping the rear drums and reconning them :cool:

Sorry to hijack your thread andrew!

rowdy-GTi said:
Well done mate..........can you test fit some smaller wheels, maybe some OE GTi ones?

I've measured the inside of a standard GTi wheel... at the thinnest part (the part where is starts to curve into the spoke) it's 320mm... so they may just fit. Not sure if maybe there wouldn't be enough space for cooling...?

engine conversion update

well finally made a start on the sri today, got the garage tidyed up yesterday so i could move a bit

old engine, as you can see i didnt clean it very often or spent much on dress up parts

0ldengine02.jpg

after this afternoon, not much but enables me to get stuck in

oldengine002.jpg

oldengine005.jpg

interesting the crumple ends of the chassis legs, where the crash bar is bolted across are like 50% larger on a p2, just thought id say lol

NaylorGTI said:
whats with the unbody painted matt black section down the left hand side of the engine bay then?

ahh that i painted it black, planning painting the bay black before the engine goes in, so was trying a bit to see how it would look

NaylorGTI said:
I think it'll look better with it painted body colour while the engines out, it'll polishup much better

aye but was thinking gloss black to match the black wheels

anyway been busy the day

oldengine010.jpg

oldengine007.jpg

oldengine009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom