Andrew's new piccies

Corbs said:
Looking good! Are you dropping the GA out of the bottom then?

well thats the question at the muinite, haynes says from the bottom, but dunno bout getting the car raised up by the 750 odd mm clearence that they recon that you need

oot the top would be easier for me, as long as i dont need to split it

When I was up at Kelv's his mates were doing a micra engine conversion, they were lifting it out and it looked like hard work, due to it being quite high (Engine and gearbox) so it needs to go up really far at first and then out, whereas if it's coming out from underneath you can sort of slide it? If that makes sense?
Would a couple of trolley jacks be able to raise it that far?

Corbs said:
When I was up at Kelv's his mates were doing a micra engine conversion, they were lifting it out and it looked like hard work, due to it being quite high (Engine and gearbox) so it needs to go up really far at first and then out, whereas if it's coming out from underneath you can sort of slide it? If that makes sense?
Would a couple of trolley jacks be able to raise it that far?

forgot to measure it today tbh, but once its droped down at least i can try to lie it down a bit to help

gonna try to remove the driveshafts tomorrow, if successfull engine should be out by the weekend,

shaun said:
you don't hang about when you get goin, good effort

im in holiday for 2 weeks so might as well get stuck in, sayin that i started on the gti in november and it not out yet so better get it done to

Corbs said:
Just thought, won't the conversion make this the first Almera SSS (As opposed to Pulsar SSS)?

i think it may be the only 5-door gti on the country, unless there's another hideing somewhere

little update from today,

just got the driveshafts to disconnect then its ready to lift :)

Actually it probably does count as a 5-door GTi with the bodykit and all (Dont think SSS had bodykits?). Darchitect has one but it's a VVL engine so almost an SR-V GTi.

damn wanted the whole thing, lol 1.4 is sooo slow, i have a spare 1.4 with 85k from the mera but im pulling that apart in january to replace bearing etc so if it goes in the sunny itll essentially be a brand new engine

You could probably still make a 1.6 with the spare parts you have (Rocker cover, throttle body etc) and what andrew has left (Engine block, ecu etc.) The parts are very similar.

Plus ECU. I think someone on here did it. Seeing as 1.4 engines can take 1.6 gearboxes/clutches without problems, I don't see why it cant work the other way around. I don't think he has sold anything you either don't need or don't already have yet.

should imagine the heads are the same aswell and the exhaust cam lobes on the 1.6 are only 0.5 mm larger than the 1.4.

faster acceleration with the 1.4 box aswell lol

sorry for the hijack

Yea thats one thing i love about my 1.4, the close gearbox, its wicked! I can jump way faster cars in first....and then they zoom past 10secs later:lol:

Back
Top Bottom