Andrew's new piccies

Could probably bore the 1400cc out to 1600cc, i dont think you'd notice the change though to be honest, dont you only gain 14bhp? like yeah it'll feel a bit nippier but it's alot of effort for something that isn't really gunna set the world on fire (says the lad with the £900 car he's spent nearly double that on in 3 months)

Slick Rick said:
Yea thats one thing i love about my 1.4, the close gearbox, its wicked! I can jump way faster cars in first....and then they zoom past 10secs later:lol:

why??? how does that work?? :lol:

Isnt it 85bhp compared to 98bhp? Thats quite a jump for just a few parts IMO, especially when people spend loads on an exhaust system to get just 5bhp (Or summin, or nuffink)

Corbs said:
Isnt it 85bhp compared to 98bhp?
Thats what i mean, you only gain 13/14bhp, I guess compared to other mods it's quite a big gain but if you're gunna swap an engine in a 1.4 i reckon you'd upgrade it to the sr20 and get am extra 58bhp for the same ammount of effort.

The way Andrew's doing it, Really liked the SRi as a 1.6 Andrew but putting a 2 litre in it seems to finish it off, have you got many more plans for it after the engine work?

LOL Ian I'm going to end up with the full Staffs accent!
K33 ELV said:
The way Andrew's doing it, Really liked the SRi as a 1.6 Andrew but putting a 2 litre in it seems to finish it off, have you got many more plans for it after the engine work?
Definately. Will be even better if it's a bit fettled so faster than a standard GTi. Bring it up to par so to speak.

just thought as im going to be pulling my spare 1.4 apart i might do something else to it rather than just replace rings/bearings etc.

dont want to go up to a 2 litre yet as i claimed in june so im waited for the big premium increase in june before i know if i can afford the 2 litre conversion. 1.4 to 1.6 shouldnt be much of a price increase though

andrewb said:
why??? how does that work?? :lol:

The first gear on my car feels very low. The car picks up really quick in this gear but then i go into any other gear i fall off my high horse and remember its a 1.4 :(
If I just showed you it pick up in first only you wouldn't think its a 1.4. Well it feels fast to me because I haven't driven many fast cars, Its all relative.

1.4s seem fast if youve never driven fast cars until you see your mate booting it in front of you from stand still down your road in a 1.4 almera and think christ! its actually slow!

i know what your saying 1.4s seem fairly nippy until you hit 50mph, once your near 3rd gear the little thrill is all over as acceleration drops a lot lol

I thought my 1.4 was nippy, until you drive fast cars, like you said.

And i think my GTi, is quick, when your screaming up the arse end of a 200sx :D

you know when your 1.4 is slow when your racing a girl in a suziki baleno 1.6 and she has 2 passengers, you have none and you cant pull away from them!
my excuse was i have 17s she had steelies lol

i know what you mean about over 50mph, mines always left in 4th until about 80 on the motorway, in 5th it just doesnt seem to have any power at all, slow enough getting to 80 in 4th but in 5th theres no chance :lol:

looks like your making good progress Andrew, can i be cheeky and ask for you to do a little write up of anything you find when removing the GA16? just might come in useful in the future. . . .

K33 ELV said:
The way Andrew's doing it, Really liked the SRi as a 1.6 Andrew but putting a 2 litre in it seems to finish it off, have you got many more plans for it after the engine work?.

Corbs said:
Definately. Will be even better if it's a bit fettled so faster than a standard GTi. Bring it up to par so to speak.

wow lotts of posts :lol:

well kelv it seems the answer, or sell it and loose a fortune, and i dont want to sell it yet

also the 1.6 has done 135K so it gonna go at some point

as for after engine work to the car itself not much, de-lock respray (keepin the colour) phase 2 rear bumper is on the way and thats it

sprint said:
looks like your making good progress Andrew, can i be cheeky and ask for you to do a little write up of anything you find when removing the GA16? just might come in useful in the future. . . ..

cheers getting there iv took lotts of piccies as am going so will do a big write up once its done

engine is oot of the sri

well got the engine out of the sri today,

oldengine015.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

oldengine017.jpg

oldengine023.jpg

wasent that bad really, just a bit of a cunt doing it myself

2moro the gti will (hopefully) be lifted from the gti

got the gti out of the car

bit of a bitch getting the gti out of the car,

had problems removing the drive shafts, then couldnt lift the engine up, so lifted the car up instead

oldengine025.jpg

oldengine030.jpg

oldengine031.jpg

engine ready to clean up

oldengine033.jpg

looking good, have you got any parts for the sr20 like header, cams, flywheel clutch etc? be worth doing bits before it goes back in.

Hey Andrew, what was the problem with the driveshafts? was it the supporting bearing? Im doing my flywheel at the moment and was a bit thrown by the driveshafts, leaving it till tomorrow. What colour are the 2.0 driveshafts? Mine are bright green?!

Project is looking good though, it'll be a nice way to finish off your car!

Back
Top Bottom