Change of direction Daily to Track toy

So another brief update I managed to wire up some of my boot lighting for around the sub-woofer. The plan was to have a subtle LED light that would illuminate while the amp was powered on. This was achieved by tapping into the remote wiring within the amp and using the earth for the amp. This all went smoothly after I initially had wired them up to the constant power and had the light on all the time.

Here are the strip lights that I found on ebay they can be used for LED strip lights so not exactly subtle.
ec7e366e.jpg

The finished article with the wiring discreetly fed through the carpet and under the amp
ae5c9920.jpg

154215d8.jpg

So much for subtle boot lighting
04a4b09a.jpg

7d4a77b3.jpg

Maybe I'd have been better using these for additional sidelights?

So once the sub was back in the car the heavens opened so I decided to call it a day and take some images of my new suspension
6d156587.jpg

dcfc1199.jpg

1527b10b.jpg

7635e8e7.jpg

392126f1.jpg

0077d549.jpg

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

Only 1 tool?

So I thought Meisters were all alloy? They look just like BC's but red bits rather than gold :). Rear black alloy bottom mounts, just like BC's, alloy top mounts, alloy lock rings, coated threads, all just like BCs :). Front bottom mounts look the same too.

Reactions: IT
Only 1 tool?

So I thought Meisters were all alloy? They look just like BC's but red bits rather than gold :). Rear black alloy bottom mounts, just like BC's, alloy top mounts, alloy lock rings, coated threads, all just like BCs :). Front bottom mounts look the same too.

Yeah so far only one tool but the guys who sold the coilovers are looking for the other one so I can get these fitted etc. Hopefully have them all sorted within a day or so fingers crossed?

I call dibs if you ever sell the coilovers :lol2: Cant wait to see them on your car :)

Your already 2nd on the waiting list mate but if these ever go I'll keeo you and other interested party well informed.

a screw driver will put dents in the locking rings, something with a flat wide end will do though, they never need to be mega tight a few light taps, Ive never had any issues.

Anyway the other spanner has been found and hopefully should be with me soon depending on how snail mail is functioning at this time of year.

Hammer and a right sized punch. Rather have a tiny scratch than a loose piece of suspension.

I'll use the supplied tools thanks guys for your input if I ever get stuck without the spanners further down the line.

Likewise I've gotten on fine with my c spanners. Far from useless in my experience.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Well after a late start to the day and to lighten my mood I decided to wire up my heated seat components and my iPod connection for my Pioneer head unit. Despite being undecided of where best to grab the power source the front cigar lighter was the best solution and I made swift progress.

Unfortunately not many images of before or during but here are a few just prior to putting it all back together and final pics.
767d0d8a.jpg

011c5704.jpg

ddc44c03.jpg

a6724f28.jpg

All done nice toasty seats in the morning ;)
ca3a7fd4.jpg

946b2300.jpg

Latest addition to the car arrived today a Notice of possible conviction for alleged speeding 27 mph over Tower Bridge apparently a 20 zone. So after 15 years of a clean licence it looks like three points & a £60 fine will be on their way soon enough. :(

Update on alleged speeding violation:
Well got offered the course for £92.50 so will go with that option and get it sorted like that damn annoying but if it keeps the licence clean then it's worth it. :)

Oh feedback on the heated seats and all I can say is I'll never own a car without them again and if needs be will retro fit them in any future cars. Will pull my finger out this week and fit the set for GTT am getting a dab hand at all these mini electric mods. ;)

Well after work Sunday morning I had the urge to service the car ready for the cold weather so I set about it as soon as I got home and I must have looked a sight all suited and booted doing an oil change etc?

I won't bore you all with loads of pics of a routine service but here are a few of the filter and general condition of the plugs
72aa1063.jpg

4b1ac440.jpg

35b669da.jpg

631073c9.jpg

All looks well and the car was smooth and very very quiet that afternoon as it whisked me and a mate to watch the mighty Spurs turn over O'Neils Mackem army.

Also my new tweeters arrived this week so I'm sure over the xmas I'll get these fitted and the amp for the front speakers. Car is also booked in for some more cosmetic work the first week in January so hopefully the next pictures you see will have the car looking how it is gonna stay with a newer front end and side skirts?

Good work on those heated seats mate, switches are a neat install :thumb:

Can't interest you in the bonnet group buy Rich? But knowing you you won't be able to wait for the numbers to take part :lol:

Back
Top Bottom