Fiona's New N15...

meant to be 187 on a different continent.. just look at any N1 have any made near 200......

if the car drives fine why do people care.... god its so boring

it might drive fine but when you've put X amount of money and time into something you wanna know you've got your worth. yes they may be fine and quicker than a stock gti but if they're a fair way off what you expected/hoped then people will care.

unfortunately one of the ways we have of measuring this worth is dynos

yeh so what are N1's making as standard over here? 180-190hp so thats like 10-15 ish down on factory figure, so take that onto a 20VE so about 170-180hp STANDARD not with breathing mods, SR16 cams and a tuned ECU :no:

at the end of the day dyno figures are just for pub talk but we all WILL be slightly disappointed if the car doesnt make the power we expected it to make and i can see why chris is disappointed with it only kicking out 180hp for the spec.

it might drive fine but when you've put X amount of money and time into something you wanna know you've got your worth. yes they may be fine and quicker than a stock gti but if they're a fair way off what you expected/hoped then people will care.

unfortunately one of the ways we have of measuring this worth is dynos

to boost your hot hollow ego...

is rowdy on here shouting about his all the time? hes spent enough on his...

to boost your hot hollow ego...

is rowdy on here shouting about his all the time? hes spent enough on his...

oh ffs ego is the furthest thing from what it is. my god.:uberlol:

i know lets not talk about something and try and understand it cos it's easier to just say we don't care than work it out. maybe it's not the dynos but THERE IS a reason why wezz got 211 and the others got 180. I for one would like to understand what it is, surely then we'd be onto something. Maybe i'm on my own then

We shouldn't be talking FLY figures anyway, there such a variable it's pointless. Mine had a 29hp loss and Wezz had a 40hp loss...and that varies on every car. Unless we had an engine dyno we can't put it down to the engine precisely.

Reactions: edk
The only difference i see between wezz's 20VE and the other 2ltr VE's on here is the exhaust system. (except craig)

DMSteve
Kurt
The StigP11GT

AFAIK All using 2.25" or less.

Coincedence?

exactly kurt, so yours has 175whp? mine had 171whp :clap:

thats a good point dale, VE's love a big pipe

bearing in mind that dans car still has a few more ponies in its current spec with another tune and higher limit

As for VE fail?? in its stock form its a hell of a lot more quicker and responsive than a DE, take some amount of money to get a DE to that power.

Oh my.

images

The question i want to ask is why for what seems to be a VVL engine does it tail off at 7200 rpm. I thought these engines kept going till redline? Might as well have a Bolt on and mapped DE ala syms.

could it just be Jez and his tuning abilities? I know he does turbos, maybe not enough experience with aggressive cam switching

....just throwing it out there ;)

Steve

Back
Top Bottom