Fred's GTi

looks good

have you put a bend in your stainless cover, before you fitted it?

if not it will rattle all the time, and move

i just put mine on for shows, as its something else to keep clean :lol:

New grille!

This is gonna annoy Kurt, :p but I`ve now fitted Games BS7 2 slat grille & it looks the nuts! :eek:

Sorry Kurt, but you need yours spraying asap! :)

Gamegrille1.jpg

Gamegrille2.jpg

How it looked before:
100_0178.jpg

Prepped for JAE!

Finally managed to find this thread again. :rolleyes:

It`s been a busy week of cleaning & generally tidying up the car ready for the weekend!

Finally found out why the handbrake never worked properly, the pin on one of the pads wasn`t in the groove of the piston, so the pad was at an angle against the disc.

Stripped the rear brakes down & ground the offending pad level with a file, then tidied it up with a dremmel & ground the rust off the disc, & it`s now perfect :D (cable needs adjusting slightly though).

Then decided to clean up the engine bay, took the filter, MAF, resinance(sp) box & pipework off & cleaned them up (tyre shine works wonders on plastic & rubber). ;)

Cleaned up a few hoses while I was at it, then got the dremmel out again, & was going to use it on the inlet & throttle body, but couldn`t easily undo a bolt, so decided to leave it, as I didn`t want to break anything, so took off a few brackets & bolts & cleaned them up instead.

Finally, just spent most of today polishing & hoovering & am now knackered (I`ve had constant pins & needles from my right elbow to my fingertips since about 4:30 & they`re still there). :(

So, here are the results of 5 days solid work on the car.

Gtipics005.jpg

Gtipics006.jpg

Gtipics007.jpg

Doesn`t look much, but blimey, I know I`ve done it! :(

looks awsome man. Glass finish going on on the panels and the wheels look exceptionally clean :O

I was hoping to be able to spend a long time cleaning/polishing before leaving but unfortunately due to clutch fixing requirements, it's not been top of the list. Will hopefully get a wash early friday at JAE before most folk arrive.

5 days? you should try tomogushi-sans school of cleaning, 5 minutes :D ......or follow the numpty on detailing world who brought a brand spanking new astra VXR nurburgring edition and spent 3 months cleaning it before he actually drove the damn thing.....

top work fred!

Cheers Steve, you can borrow my bucket if you need it! :)

Just noticed, how evil does the front look in the 2nd pic? :evil: :cool:

5 days? you should try tomogushi-sans school of cleaning, 5 minutes :D ......or follow the numpty on detailing world who brought a brand spanking new astra VXR nurburgring edition and spent 3 months cleaning it before he actually drove the damn thing.....

top work fred!

Cheers Tom, The blue VXR? yeah, I remember that thread, he looked like a complete wazzuk as well! :lol:

Looking very very clean!!! What products do you use?

I went over it with Colour Magic about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I just used good old bog standard Turtle Wax today! :D

Used Halfrauds cheapy alloy cleaner, spray directly on the wheels, then rub it in with a cloth, then use another cloth to dry it off, no water neded. :D

Tyres, door handles, scuttle panel, fuebox covers, PAS tank, expansion tank, intake & various other piping & interior was sprayed with Megs tyre shine, & wiped off with a cloth (except tyres) & it`sworked a treat.

Also used Halfrauds cheapy glass cleaner too.

"I then asked for half an hour alone with the car, so I could :hand: over it!" :rolleyes:

Still a knob then! :lol:

On a much more interesting note, is that a red Z in the other workshop. :lol:

Looks like a great finish on those panels! Good job Fred ;)
I just bought Turtle Wax's 'Black in a Flash' spray and my god it's good!!!!!!! So yeah, tyre shine does work wonders :D

Back
Top Bottom