Kitty the Red GTi

Think I might get my suteki vent sorted out and paint it orange too as it looks a bit battered and scraped on the inside from the previous owner removing the inner globe. Needs filler, painted and mesh. Will work well with my induction kit.

Deffo gonna go back to standard fogs and try and seal them to prevent them leaking. Or just buy a new set. Bit of a mish mash of colours on the front. Really need to sort out behind the grille too, horns Look faded and dosnt do much for the front end appearance

Thanks for the kind words

Oh and I'd like to "manage a twat" too ;)

damn these little red cars come up pukka with care, real good work. i bet the idle is noticeably better.
david

With the leads and plugs? Can't really tell lol. Seems to pull better anyway.

With a complete poly mount set the idle can really be felt. Everything is vibrating. Steering wheel is shaking like a leaf and my back is being massaged lol

still no sign of my fly and fpr but it should be here soon i hope as i have MOT in 9 days :( need the clutch sorted out ASAP

also sent and email off to bandedsteels.com to inquire about postage too and from them and turnaround time. hopefully a month or 2 i will have the chasish. tighten my belt and stop buying shite i dont need and buying on impulse lol, after the wheels are done, arches rolled, and painted very little will change i reckon. if changes do occur they will be minimal, maybe a vinyl roof but thats about it

woohoo! kitty passed the MOT this morning and just hit 75400 mark. all is good, took a half day yesterday and got the headlights aligned and tried to sort out my noisy, crap front brakes! also changed the NS drop link as the old one was fucked.

darchitect has now taken delivery of my JWT flywheel and nismo fpr so they should be with me next week :)

vinyl roof is looking promising, 30quid for a sheet of matte black large enough to cover the roof and i've a guy who can apply it for me cheap.

banded steels have got back to me and have quoted £330 for the wheels to be done so i hope to have them done within 2 month, they have quoted 2-3 week turnaround.

woohoo, fly and fpr are out for delivery today :D

gonna start ripping the gear bag and flywheel off tonight ready for saturday's antics.

probably fit the fpr first as its piss easy to do but id rather get the box and fly off beforehand as its a long process.

i know i keep going on about banded steels (here i go again) but it looks like i might be able to get it done locally for a lot less than banded steels are quoting. plus the 3-4 week inc postage times. i have seen the welders work on another set of steelies last night and they look very good. nice clean finish :D

anyway, less talk and more pictures.... to come

oh look! a box

chrisflyclutch001.jpg

Nismo FPR

chrisflyclutch003.png

Nismo FPR and JWT flywheel

chrisflyclutch002.jpg

Stock Clutch and Exedy Clutch

chrisflyclutch005.png

Stock Flywheel and JWT Flywheel

chrisflyclutch006.png

Stock pressure plate and Exedy Pressure plate

chrisflyclutch007.png

Weights are as follows

Stock clutch - 930g (used weight)
Exedy clutch - 1093g

Stock pressure plate - 4110g
Exedy pressure plate - 3517g

Stock Flywheel - 8890g (not confirmed by me, but have found info on SR20 forum
JWT Flywheel - 4595g

yea, should be back on the road by saturday

got the gearbox off and removed the fly and clutch last night, was going to start to fit the fly lastnight but gave up, lost the light and was nearly 10pm by the time i was finished. working in the street isnt good. datsun9292 is in the process of sorting out his garage, lighting, painting etc so we should have somewhere dry, warm and well lit to work in into the small hours :)

We will have the car up and running by sat lunch time, just in time for eileens bacon baps and tea. As for the garage, pricing fuse box and lighting through bro in law at the min. Id like to have garage finished by the end of May :-) so chris i hope you have some man hours u can throw my way and wouldnt say no to a couple of quid ;-) ... It will be worth it

Back
Top Bottom