Kristians Ph2 GTI+T

Okies ,

Been working away unexpectedly a bit, but need the cash so had to take it.. Those of you waiting for some bits will receive verys shortly.

JGY CLUTCH and pressure plate has arrived and has been fitted..

Mega weightloss has been started and is in full swing...

Including all rear seat pressings and tabs for interior trim removed..

All Dash airbags have been removed
All sound system has been removed
All sound deadening has been removed ( inc behind dash )
Air con has been removed
Heater matrix has been removed
Dash plastics deemed unnecessary have been removed
All OEM seatbelts have been removed
Sunroof and all mechanism and trim has been removed
Any trim tabs deemed unnecessary on exterior of car have been removed
Single wiper conversion
ABS has been removed INC electrics and ABS unit ( weighs a ton )
245-45-16 Pirelli tires have been fitted to front in order to get some big wrinkle launch grip..

New doors have been painted and are ready for moulds.

New mirror blanks have been made to fit the ultra-light 'F1 style' mirrors

Boot is finished to house LEXAN and has new mould friendly design.. to still look OEM... well maybe a bit more 'import'

Battery in car in order to get good airflow to Turbo.

Possibly GIZZMO Launch Control and GIZZMO Dual Stage SL on order - If JEZ at HD can supply quite soon.

Modifications above ( with new doors and tailgate ) should see close to 2 secs off my Quarter mile times.. maybe more..

Im going all out for sprinting/drag with the car this year.. once im happy Ive got the maximum from the Almera within a reasonable cost.. Ill be refitting the steel doors, fitting a half cage and going back to the uber looking stretched T1R's and simply track racing..
Pics very very soon once its all tarted up..

Nice bud, very nice!

It's good to see someone going to the extreme with an Almera in the U.K.

However, just because the tyres are 245 in width, doesn't mean you will have anywhere near that in contact surface.

I had a set of 245/50/15 Pirelli Sports which are regarded as sport tyres, but after you subract the gaps on the the tread, it's actually nearer to a 205mm in contact area.

If you want to get serious, get a semi or full slick.

Nice bud, very nice!

It's good to see someone going to the extreme with an Almera in the U.K.

However, just because the tyres are 245 in width, doesn't mean you will have anywhere near that in contact surface.

I had a set of 245/50/15 Pirelli Sports which are regarded as sport tyres, but after you subract the gaps on the the tread, it's actually nearer to a 205mm in contact area.

If you want to get serious, get a semi or full slick.

Cheers Dave, Im expecting a few shocked expressions when the next incarnation of the car is unveiled.

Interesting point about the gaps in tread resulting in such a smaller contact area..

Ive changed to the 245-45's primarily due to the obvious upgrade to to the 215's I used to be running at the front.. and that fact they were very cheap... sub 50quid for both fitted new..

With the 'non stretched' tirewall.. I can have a play about with running low tire pressure without fear of obliterating the rims..

I agree 100% after the next few days of drag.. ill be investing in some road legal slicks.

..Lets see how the massive diet and new clutch fare up initially.. then Im going to concentrate on traction.

Yip, I would agree.

If you are only planning on doing a few days at the strip and then concentrating on the track I would go for a set of 235/50/15 Toyo R888's.

Wow extreme weight saving happening there mate. What race weight are you expecting?
Can't wait to see it run.

Hey can you please send that nasty heavy sunroof my way? Forecast in manchester seems to be rain so you wont be needing it anyway right :lol:

Race weight?..

..as little as possible.. Im not going to bullshit anyone by saying this weighed this much and thefore the car must weigh this...

..Im going to give an honest breakdown on What I think is worth removing and the actual Curb weight after its all done and ive been to the Weigh bridge..

Some images, as everyone likes pics..

Basically the new incaration of the tailgate.. and with paint in last pic..

2x reasons.. I think the import look of having a GTIR rear will look pretty cool.. AND its single skin mold friendly.. ( as in, asier to mould make copies of )

..and some base plates ive made for the new ULTRA light wing mirrors..

dsc01567y.jpg

dsc01569m.jpg

dsc01571m.jpg

dsc01579z.jpg

dsc01572p.jpg

dsc01574d.jpg

dsc01576t.jpg

dsc01577c.jpg

I dont quite understand. Is that black number plate surround from a GTiR?

Have you thought about doing something with the rear bumper? I saw a theory a while ago about it acting like a parachute, and some of the honda boys were drilling huge holes in it to allow air to pass through (which looked dreadful of course). It made sense for drag cars though. Some sort of skirty thing under the bar might work better to stop the air pressure building up in the first place.

Keep in mind these were riced civics so there may have not been any solid scientifical data behind it :lol:

no there is definate benefit in drilling the rear bumper, a proper rear diffuser would be good though....

I know theyre civics but it shows the idea

ek9rearbumper.jpg

ek9rearbumperslits.jpg

ekrearbumper.jpg

I dont quite understand. Is that black number plate surround from a GTiR?

Yes, will be colorcoded in due time.. I think its going to look the tits with some Lucino rear lights.

Have you thought about doing something with the rear bumper? I saw a theory a while ago about it acting like a parachute, and some of the honda boys were drilling huge holes in it to allow air to pass through (which looked dreadful of course). It made sense for drag cars though. Some sort of skirty thing under the bar might work better to stop the air pressure building up in the first place.

Im one to draw a line between going for 101% performance and the car looking shite in places.. So Im not going to do anything thats going to look pap..

I think some Aero work under the car is a real possibility.. would be sheet Aluminium though..

And would run from the front to the Rear of the car.. Ive actually made a few drawings of such pieces, including the rollcage in 3D to work out feasability ( <-spell )..

Doors are also painted now..

Looking to roll her around after this weekend and check out the new clutch.

Will do pal,

Got the car fired up again today after all the stripping of the electricsI was a little worried id have removed more than I should but it all seems good..and sounds great..

Got the single wiper mechanism to re-fit and some tidying up of the electrics..

..even concidering a respray.. when the new tailgate and doors are to go on. as ill be painting half the car anyway.. ha ha..

Also will be booking in for another Power Run with the new EBC

350bhp here we come!!

You should make a how to of removing the ABS, as we all know that it sucks ass in our cars, would be interesting to see how easy or not it is to do. just a thought

Its more of a Kit that would need to be supplied with all the fittings.. with detailed instructions.

Ill look into the cost.. wont be a lot I dont think..

Back
Top Bottom