Kristians Ph2 GTI+T

Springs are there to obsorb the chatter you imght get as the clutch engages right? So without springs the vibrations get sent to the box instead and = bad??

Well, just been out in the car again and its not really driveable on boost..

Slips its bollocks off..

So Definaty new clutch time..

Im gonna call JGY Dave and see what they can do..

Cheers for the unput guys..

OK,

Courtsy of JGY Ive got a new clutch kit on order.. Should be good for 390Lbs..

Also Ive been busy with the and baby Ratchet 10mm combo and stripped the lot..

OUT:

Seats
Carpet
Sound Deadening
All internal plastics other than dash,
Steering wheel ( Airbag )

all roof lining and Sunroof ( Wow the S-r weighs a lot.. cant be good for Centre of Gravity having 20kgs attached to the roof )

Stereo, all speakers
Seatbelts,

TO REMOVE:

Mounts for Rear Seats are pressings spot welded onto the inner Rear pressings so these are coming out..

Dashboard, Temporarily to remove EVERYTHING not needed behind it.. such as the last Airbag ( Passenger side ), anything deemed not needed or to heavy to remain.

Door internals are still all electrical - motorized and heavy. So complete door internals and lexan glazing to be installed

FITTED:

Shocker Sticker
SINGLE WIPER CONVERSION
New steering wheel
Cobra Bucket Seat and Willians Harness

In pipeline:

Carbon bung for Sunroof
Carbon - GRP Seat for ultra lightness,
GRP Doors and Tailgate ( been designing a new tailgate with GTIR type rear, ive mentioned to a few people.. this is almost done and a mould and single skin copy is being made, Boot pins then.. Also donor Doors have been Delocked and stripped, so new moulds and skins made for doors..

Wishlist:

New box ( hopfully find the 144 2.0 one before the clutch arrives )
Drag Slicks

MOVED Into new premesis now guys also, so Full Spray booth with extraction and Car hoist will be installed within a month..

SO comprehensive servicing, performance enhancement, Aero and painting done @ special rates for members and Enthusiasts

If the clutch is here?... possibly - Ive got it on express delivery..

..also theres a possibility im going over to ireland...

wont know till weekend mate.

looking good fella, fingers crossed you make it to shakeys this weekend

All that work to crack into the 13's...LOL!

Nah, just kidding bud.

Looking forward to the updates.

By the way did you get my PM regarding the mod for the gear linkage on the P11 144 g'box?

Going for low low 12's pal,

I think theres so much room for improvment.. and the next incarnaton of the car is going to shock a few people, including myself, ha - Most definalty the lightest N15 in the club.. while still looking tight. From the outside at least..

Ive got the mods regarding the GBox mate, i also pulled a load of info from The SR20Forums - pics etc..

Cheers! x

Well the 1st one was the new engine work, with remap for what I wangted would be 300+ bhp, ( Had fuck uo with the clutch not being capible, but that should be covered with the new JGY item )

.. brakes, exhaust and suspension are all covered now..

Then outside, which is done

So now.. basically pure speed/performance preparation.. which is Weight loss in a huge way.. Gbox and tires.

Expect a few clever changes to improve cornering and inline accelleration... obviously the usual bucket seats, and removal of aibags and sound deadening.. but new stuff will be revealed as soon as these GRP panel skins are complete..

A few people wont like the all out performance aspect im sure.. but then again.. I wouldn't do it myself if it was a daily driver.

Back
Top Bottom