My new vzr n1 version 2

Im confused what power it is now after seeing all those dyno charts....

I hope you are running the 230hp open header option lol.

yeah I think so like it's making the same power as vas' one but just a bit lower in the rev range. There is a few things the tuner wasn't happy with but in general he wasn't concerned about it making peak at 8 see earlier post. The torque in the thing is mental.

@ dale: took it back at just about 205 I think and 173 ft lb and going to save up for a proper exhaust in the mean time and have the header modified to equal length then she will make what its supposed to, the little pea shooter has to go to make way for some girth lol.

The exhaust is making your torque peak early and fall on its face, you can see the peak torque shifts up almost 1000rpm with just the backbox removed.

^^^ Yeah you would think 2 inch would be plenty and I was reluctant to remove it becuase it was factory on a version 2 onlly ya know but for the sake of the car it just has to go!

nah defo mate, i'm sooo glad i went with 3"

imo a build similar to yours, mine high comp etc needs at the very least 2.5 and a proper designed header. No ssac or anything if you wanna make the most of it

Congrads paul,glad to see u have her up and running I'd say it's a beast,from reading all the last few pages and talking to poc i think this would be a very simple conversion to do with a bluetop not an n1,tuning the 4 injectors seems way easier and I'd say the power from the blue top head would be as good if not better than n1 head,would be handy too make a parts list required Paul for the 1.6-2.0 conversion so we could all see what's required and needed for this build and maybe make it a sticky :) only if u get time tho :) great progress u have made fair play and good luck with the new engine.

Passed the NCT today (Irelands form of MOT) first time round happy out, on a good note and a plus for the tuner was that it flew the emmissions in fact they were even lower then the 1.6 ever was happy out.

Next on the list now its all legal for the first time in 2 years is MORE MODS! I might treat her to a few bits and pieces this week she deserves it lol.

Passed the NCT today (Irelands form of MOT) first time round happy out, on a good note and a plus for the tuner was that it flew the emmissions in fact they were even lower then the 1.6 ever was happy out.

Next on the list now its all legal for the first time in 2 years is MORE MODS! I might treat her to a few bits and pieces this week she deserves it lol.

Fair play.

Ohhh nice....Goodies!! What are you thinking?

Right been checking out the fuel thing, I usually never do this but just said I would for the crack as it actually seemed ok to me, from full to the first show of the orange light 502kms? that good or bad seems ok?

well paul, glad to c it up and goin for ya, fair play to ya. may organise a meet sometime soon, want to get at look at this in the flesh :)

Ya if i'm up round your way paul i'll be sure to give you a bell would be nice to get photos of them together.

Question lads i'm looking at buying nismo black wheel studs for it, if it was ye would ye go normal length or extended? finding it hard to decide.

arp extended studs if it was me, wouldnt be touching Nismo ones though they have a bad rep

Back
Top Bottom