MY P11 PROJECTO !!!

Heh I feel your pain trying to put on a gearbox on your own without a lift. But try it with a much heavier 6spd!

-phone-

Rest it on a trolley jack to take the weight. Easier to lift it an inch to assemble it to the block than lifting it from the floor every time. Because it never goes in first time.

Really, never thought of that...

:p

Heh, its not actually possible to do with out a jack Paul. Honestly my box is much heavier than an Sr's which ive fitted too.
-phone-

Won't work for the YD. You cant lift it with arms out stretched from the wheel arch.

Fine for the SR bit though :)

-phone-

Also with the engine on the jack you would need another jack to lower the car at the same time.

-phone-

Yup and good ones too, you just need more/the right tools. If I end up doing more of this shit I'm buying myself an engine crane!

I have had the box off 4 times now,so i have try most of them things before,everybody has they own ways etc,but i agree with Sam's advice about lowering the car down again,as my arms were a little short reaching over the wing to lift it.

Well i got the rest finish today the box seems a little smoother and yip pee fifth gear can be used again ! Notice that the cat flange is blowing though,oh well yet another job to do.

I forgot to add that the last 3 times i have had a helper when lifting the box.

With this box now fitted, they is no movement from the gearstick in any gear under acceleration like the old one was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom