MY P11 PROJECTO !!!

So due to having fifth gear pop out badly,i needed to source another gearbox,so i have lol just now,from a p11 144,it's only done 60k too,i have just got the rear crank seal also,next i will get the driveshaft seals,should i replace the clutch again ?,it's only 2 years old,but since the box is off etc,would be a good idea maybe.

Unless you have a 144 its not a straight fit.

Will need converting from hydro to cable, the plugs for the sensors will need changing and the rear stabilizer mount will need modifying.

Check the condition of the clutch friction material. Change the release bearing for a new oe unit, clean & re-grease the splines.

i got your message for the fidanza im afraid its not off the car yet, im back at work so will be taking the gearbox off etc asap really, so will message you when its done :)

Ok so what do i need to convert it,what else is needed,also is it worth the hassle,as i have not paid for the box yet just agreed,and i think the same person has a Gt gearbox,should i just fit a Gt one ? Bit i would of liked the stronger p11 144 plus only 60k on it.

Got these jobs do this week !

First renewed fuel filter and related piping.

Fuel filter F2013-09-22 12.05.41.jpg

This is the related pipe work under the tb area
Pipe work2013-09-22 13.17.36.jpg

Good OEM bend !

Good oem bend 2013-09-22 13.17.31.jpg

Bad OEM bend !!!

Very bad oem bend 2013-09-22 13.16.59.jpgVery bad oem bend 2013-09-22 13.16.59.jpg

So i cut that bit out,about a inch,refitted all back together,started here up,

So i started with the unorthodox crank and water pump pulleys,been looking forward to this mod for ages,

First old shit removed.

OLD CRANK REMOVED2013-09-27 12.00.27.jpg

Pulley comparison.

Pulley comparsion2013-09-27 12.02.54.jpg

Pulley comparsion2013-09-27 12.37.37.jpg

Unorthodox pulleys fitted ! Along with new belts.

PULLEY FITTED 2013-09-27 14.18.56.jpg

Job done,started up vid,

Also did the front brake pads and changed back to OEM short wheel studs,gearbox from a GTLE with 80k is paid for,4 new tyers paid for,new wheel nuts paid also,all on the way !

Oil +filter change next,maybe tomorrow,then gearbox fitted soon then the new alloys fitted and finally tracked up.

Nope i got away with it,i renewed it only last year though.Leak free.
clear.png

Last edited:
Where's all the oil coming from then?

Busted,it was coming from the front seal since last year ,but only because the OEM pulley was not sitting up flush to the seal,this was because of the crank bolt threads in the crank with damaged from a pulley job ages a go i did when i used a pulley remove tool and since could not get the crank pulley bolt right in,but i did the threads yesterday with a tap and fitted the unorthodox pulleys and also used another crank pulleys bolt/washer,now i can thread the bolt in by hand right to the end as it should be.

So no oil leaks now and unorthodox crank pulley fitted correctly.So really it was a case of do or die yesterday as regrade the threads in the crank being damaged.But now sorted for good.
clear.png

If you look at the vid again,you can see that most of the oil is gone after i fitted the unorthodox pulleys.
clear.png

The rest of it i will wash down.

Back
Top Bottom