My ph2 GTi

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUc_x1uGysM"]YouTube - Almera GTi at Anglesey race track[/ame]

looks like a well nice circuit,

acurate readings from the blue tree G-meter too :lol:

Cheers, It's the first day I've done in mine since July 08, so it was a good day of learning the car at it's current setup and what need changing/improving....It should be in top form for Mallory, and hopefully there won't be so many god damn Evo's. haha

id copy the spring loads from the ek9 dude.. there not to disimilar in weight.. and you really need stiff rear springs on the N15 people dont realise just how stiff you can run on a race track.. hell i had 8/6's on my blue striped out micra and it was alot less weighty than an almera..

Well my anticipated quick fix has hit a hurdle.

This is piston 4

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

And there's some similar marking on 1,2 and 3....all be it not as bad.
IMG_0694.jpg

Where I go from here I don't know, VE's don't just grow on trees and would be atleast 2 months before I've got one in and running. So I'm thinking of just treating this block as best I can, then whack the new HG + some HG paste around the bores and see how it goes, so atleast I can use it as a A - B car. I've gone past caring now.

Cheers for the offer Ian, but I can't justify wasting more time with this engine so I've bought a VE. It's coming by boat from Canada, so hope to have it in and running late January. I'm just keeping it simple, stock bottom end with S+R and N1's.

I'm putting this DE back together today with the new HG, it should be ok for the next month or so.

Joe, the head will be for sale minus the Retainers and cam gears, as I can use them with the VE. The non roller set up, springs, valves and cams will be though.

Back
Top Bottom