My ph2 GTi

Nice one boss..
Whats that sticker on the Valve Cover RWD what? Lol
Congrats on the purchase, bet you're over the moon now, VE for the new year!
Joe

Ha nah it's Riworx.com, who I bought it off. I just really hope this makes decent power and runs troule free for ever. I've had enough of engines.:lol:

Hahaha yeah, his car was snailing past me, and I was on a pretty much stock motor with some cheap cams.. ;)
You better have some mods up your sleeve if you wanna keep up this year boi :D
Or Rowdy will be unleashing the DE powers on your ass.
Joe

Dont you worry, a lighter flywheel and a nice re-map to sort out the fueling and to increase the rev limit to 8k should see me though the summer to carry on were wezz left off :D :P

Just pulled the head + intake off and just love the fixed rockers on this thing. I got a bone on looking how the VVL works.

more specifically what actually happens to change the cam lobes over

I got these pictures from the web, you see in the first pic in the middle, that's the rocker face for the high lobe which is spring loaded and just goes up and down freely when the cams are running on the low lobe. And below it is a little shiny piece of metal.

In the second picture (from underneath), that shiny piece of metal is a 90* piece which is connected to the oil tube via a pin and the oil tube runs through the head, 1 on the intake and one on the exhaust...when it reaches the desired RPM the solenoids open allowing oil into the tube which then presses the pin out, pushing the 90* piece under the rocker face and that then controls the valves on the high lobe.

VVLrocker.jpg

VVL.jpg

this is how it all works

vtec.jpg

by the way cunty bollocks, i couldnt see on the picture, did it come with the Y shaped bracket on the front cover what the engine mount bolts to?

Back
Top Bottom