My ph2 GTi

this is how it all works

vtec.jpg

by the way cunty bollocks, i couldnt see on the picture, did it come with the Y shaped bracket on the front cover what the engine mount bolts to?

It did.

thats good then, they are different

meaning to use the DE one mate :) just incase there was a misunderstanding. it pissed me off when i left the VE one on and the engine mount didnt bolt to it (the 3 studs on the bracket are spaced differently so the mount wont go over the studs) so when i had the engine in place i had to move it lower so i could swap the brackets :(

Now all my parts are here I'm in full swing on the build up, currently swapping the valve springs over so took some pics of what arrived during the week.

Old v New
Photo0099.jpg

Photo0100.jpg

20v metal HG
Photo0102.jpg

N1 water pump
Photo0106.jpg

N1's
Photo0105.jpg

Also sent my ECU off to Nistune this morning, so that'll be a good learning curve:eek:

What springs are they?

Also its obv a DE ecu if your getting a nistune?
Are you getting some head work while you've it off?

They are BC springs + retainers. Yeh using my DE ECU for the Nistune...I wan't to keep NATS so it's a good option management wise.

I'm not having any head work done, but I am cleaning the carbon and sut build up from the valves and ports.

Alan, I'm just using a Halfords one with a piece of Unistrut for leverage. Once I was in ryhthm they were flying in.

awesome :D

interested in what'll happen nistune wise, where's it gone then, whats the score and how much?! lol, always been interested but didn't think we could get much done here nistune wise?

jez uses nistune as do fusion

As Im now not doing my 3rd year Im gonna get meself a VE later in the year I do believe, and go down this route :)

I've sent my ecu down under to matt, the owner of Nistune I'll hopefully get it mapped locally but its something i would like to learn, so having the software aswell I can self teach as time goes on.

Well, it's good to be finally getting somewhere now. After the spring seat sage....Anyone who ever replaces valve springs on a VE, Never ever lose those things. What a PITA that caused. Luckily one of the contractors where my Dad works machined some out for me,

Close enough eh
Photo0135.jpg

So once the hoist was dropped off yesterday I could get cracking.
Photo0141.jpg

I got everything off I need for the VE, then built that mostly up today.
Photo0143.jpg

Photo0148.jpg

Photo0150.jpg

Also cleaned up the engine bay and undersealed it all, over the next few evenings I'll be getting all the wires in to the bay I need and making new brake lines up for the ABS delete, and still in 2 minds whether to ditch the PS. Choices choices.

Hopefully if the weather is ok next W/end get this puppy in.

Back
Top Bottom