My ph2 GTi

good build dude :D

what are you reving it to as those springs and retainers will go over 8K easy.. what you planing after 3" system and filter?

7300 at the mo...Even with these C2 cams the power is still dropping before 7k. Whether it's the head design or the exhaust choking it...it just doesn't like to be revved.

After the filter and 3" system, I'll probably file for bankrupcy. I regret not going VE but hey, who says it would of been easier or cheaper.

Cheers everyone.

has it been ported at all? you have a primera head dont you? I know it would probably just be more hassle on your part but I would try the highport head if you still have it....

Nope, no porting or polishing. It's the head off Pablo's GTi I got last summer. I know the highport head has better flow rates. But I couldn't find one for sale at the time and got impatient.

Thats better ;) . Nearly 20whp over the BC cams!....goes to show how much development go into their cams. Think i`ll be going for a bigger exhaust in the near future too.

Out of interest what was the estimated flywheel power?

Thats better ;) . Nearly 20whp over the BC cams!....goes to show how much development go into their cams. Think i`ll be going for a bigger exhaust in the near future too.

Out of interest what was the estimated flywheel power?

Was 182@fly

Yeh I'm impressed with the JWT's...knew I should of just gone with them in the first place..buy cheap, buy twice hey. Car needs to be lighter before it gets any more money spent on it. i

Nice one Kurt, where did you go for the dastek unichip? Did you drive up to fife!?
Good to see your efforts paid off.

Cheers Dale...nah not Fife I wen't to Ricwood tuning, in Stockport(Manchester)....good bloke, no complaints and it's close.

Kurt, so has your car dissapeared off the face of the earth?:lol:

Whats going on?

Never even seen this post mate, was just about to update this thread.

Car is all ready for an MOT in the next week or 2, then soon as the Silv sells this is back on the road. By August I hope.

I've done lots to it since it failed, as follows...

New wishbones left and right
Coilovers
Odyssey battery
Refurbed rear brakes + new discs
Cleaned and unsersealed all arches
New air filter
FGK backbox to quieten it down
Debagded and wipered

Along with lots of cleaning, staring and sitting in longing to get it back on the road.

Then once it has the MOT, all the interior is coming out fitting bucket back in and the harness and steering wheel, then straight onto the first trackday I can.

And changing the wheels for some of these. I know Tommo will know them.
IMG_0518.jpg

That's a trial fitting off the 9

It's been nearly 6 months since I drove it, and although having a VZR and this Silvia inbetween....the GTi still pwns both of them.

encyclopedia hahaaha your so wrong.

anyway. back to 15''s?

good service and she should be running fairly sweet, have you kept the battery charged? ran it regular? just wondering if theres any chance of the dastek losing the values or owt daft like that

Back
Top Bottom