My Rides :)

I'll be honest too and say I prefered how it looked before... but as it's not finished I'll await final judgement until it is. Can't see it working personally so I'm interested to see how you manage it.

Is that good? The main thing that bothers me is the hacked-aboutness of it, the edges to the hole are quite ragged, and there is no depth to it so it looks paper thin.

you need to get a FMIC in there dude! :)

dont paint the chassis etc gloss black, paint it matt or satin, gloss will make it shiny, you dont want that :)

mesh wont look appropriate either i dont think as there will be ALOT of mesh, hmmm you need to think of something else to fill it with, or put in it, :)

give me a a couple of weeks... well months i will have somthing for the AOC to be proud of (hopefully)

i will keep the AOC posted on its progress and pics as and when i get some.

i know what u meen corbs... just remember its not me that done the innitial work... i just fixed it up for the meet...

if u have a look at the white skyline i put up earlier in the thread, the air ram will look similar to that...

its going to need a lot of weeks of work getting it smoothe and looking right... but hopefully it will look acceptable :)

JM_JAPSHOW210609-33.jpg

Rob - I remember when pablo meshed his bumper, he used window surround rubber to smooth the edge off.
I think if you did that, relocated the plate to the middle, and used something the deepen the inside of it, it'd work.

that skyline is a drag car that bumper is designed for that purpose, I think its better to have some openings around the sides of the bumper to allow air flow...

The bumper looks like its awaiting a DIY FMIC conversion, it needs some depth to it not only to make it look better but also give it some strength and function. If you want to get technical I bet its producing some interesting drag as well. Good effort though on doing something different, but whatever you do dont destroy that splitter as theyre getting rarer as time goes by and they really do stand out these days.

im picking up another bumper on friday to start my mods to this bumper in the spring...its too fooking cold at the moment :)

so the old bumper will be going back on for a bit...

but this time i have got a rubber splitter to go back on it :D thanks ross :D

so it wont look so shite as it did at JAE :D

Rob, that's much nicer! :thumb: Wouldnt be a bad summer look either. Shame we can't see a shop of what you're planning for the other bumper. Why change the grille too?

Back
Top Bottom