My Rides :)

Rob, that's much nicer! :thumb: Wouldnt be a bad summer look either. Shame we can't see a shop of what you're planning for the other bumper. Why change the grille too?

Dont know how to use photo shop :(

but i have plans in my head of what i want to do with the smoothed bumper...

dont know why i changed the grill.... fancied a change :D its Mirriams 3 door SR20'd brother :D

the 3 slat will go back on when ive resprayed it (stone chips) in the summer :D

i will put up pics when i start work on the bumper... gonna take a few weeks to get it right...

just wondering what expanding foam would u suggest to use when i start the work on the bumper??

Any from B&Q. At least that's what I did. Bought one with it's own aplicator tube.

cool... cant wait for the weather to walm up abit so i can start work on it :D

quite likeing the way it looks at the moment... but like i said its its only its winter face... skirts will be comming off soon as well :( need to fix one up again and underseal the car quickly before it gets too bad!

i think with the plastic insert bit in the bumper that could look really nice, its only the big cutout im not keen on tbh but like you say thats work in progress and once thats sorted it has got the potential to look completely different and good.

I think Stu got some great shots of the front end :D

DSC00024-1.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

it just looks completely different :D love it just needs the hole made smaller smoothed off more then made deeper.. should be a fun process :D

and meshing of course :D

Oh and when you're using expanding foam Rob, make sure you're wearing plastic or latex gloves or something mate. I.e. dont get it on your hands! A mistake I wont make again :lol:.

them braided lines ones that i have seen come in silver with orange bits in it. Will look mint in your engine mate

looking forward to seeing them... need some pics up :D

Oh and when you're using expanding foam Rob, make sure you're wearing plastic or latex gloves or something mate. I.e. dont get it on your hands! A mistake I wont make again :lol:.

it the same with the fillers and fibreglass... all nasty stick shit :D

Now for a little bumpage....

got a few little updates for me mota...

First of all the J performance manifold :D thanks Dave (RedMera)

Mongoose resonated de-cat... thanks Superdan

P2 black surround GTi headlights... thanks Craig

P2 black surround GTi indicators... thanks Rich

Pulsar GTiR rear bench seats... thanks again Craig

Also got another front bumper going on shortly :D not quite sure when... but most likely soon :D which will be my daily drive until ive finished my P1 GTi custom bumper.

picks will be up asap... going to Stu's on the weekend to fit the manifold, de-cat and do a well due service...

i think Stu said there was a mini meet also going on this weekend...

gonna do a search to see whats what..

ROB

Lights fitted..

DSC09142.jpg

seats and door cards going in as we speak.. just got to make some new brackets for the rear seat tops :D

tomorrow lunch time :D

then all is good :D

ooh nice mate, you sort the fixings on the back ok then?

and you reckon seats will go in properly? lol, wanna see some pics of the fixings, instead of my rushed ghetto job :lol:

well im just going to use your standard bench ones as they work fine... but im going to make stainless plates up for the top of the seats..

im on the hunt for some more foam... need a bog standard interior so i can nick the padding out of lol...

but it will be fine in the end.... Stu has no faith and thinks it will look shit... just wanna prove him wrong now :D he doesnt think it will all like up correctly... i already prefer them to the GTi seats and the door cards have cleaned up nicely... just need to give them another wipe over tomorrow and all good :D

like i said pics up asap

also going to put the 3 slat back on.. then its new bumper time :D

ROB

hahahaaa, dude i dont thinkit will look shit, just whats the point! lol, trying to make/bodge fitting to get the gtir rear seats in then your just gonna a mish mash of interior colours!

scooby sti front seats, gtir rear sets and different doorcards :)

just nice too see it all matching like :)
you never sit in the back anyway :lol2:

ah well, :)

def get your 3 slat grill on now tho with them headlights and indicators, :)
that looks smart, :D

the door cards are all black top to bottom... so no funky jazzed up green and red shite..

the scoobys are charchoal and greay with red trim and the pulsar seats are a dark grey and a light greay with almost matches the scooby light grey..

so its not too bad... il get some pics up asap.. .just needing to make the brackets up.. like i said im hopefully doing it tomorrow... if all goes well should be good

sorry if i offended you in any way... its just how you sounded on the phone sunday night... but then again we both were nackerd and i dont know what i was thinking by the time i got home.

ROB

na man everythings cool, although i was tired sunday night ;)

but i just wondered why you was doing it all, but now youve done your d/cards it should look coolio :D
personally i like the gti interior :)

awesome progress on this rob!

ive just gone through the hole thread and looked at all the pics and its amazing how its changed!

love it :)

i like the GTI interior too... its just i changed to the Scooby seats and it all looked out of place.. and i just didnt like the way it looked... unfortunatly craig decided to strip his mota so i didnt have to hunt around for new seats...

done some more work on the seats today... going to be drilling the inner latches on tomorrow and i have made a cardboard cut out of the bracket needed for the top latch... hopefully all should be good by tomorrow lunch time...

i have convinced myself that there are plenty of GTi interiors out there so im going to be dismantling my rear bench of GTi seats and replacing the foam from the gtir seats... this will bump up the rear bench and provide for a much more comfy ride and it will loose the gap between the top and bottom seat pads!

pics up later

KEZ... Thanks... its had a lot of work done to it now... i knew when i got it it would never be finished... i like doing different things to it making it stand out... but i might need to nick your idea with the orange lip tho :D

just going to put the 3 slat back on looks nicer than the GTi grill :D

ROB

KEZ... Thanks... its had a lot of work done to it now... i knew when i got it it would never be finished... i like doing different things to it making it stand out... but i might need to nick your idea with the orange lip tho :D

ROB

NOOOOOOOOO, lol, nah your welcome, you got more orange going on than i have with my car lol,

its flurescent bike tape, something like £8.00 and there was enough to do all the alloys and have a bit left over.

the only think now i get chavs in saxos try and race me lol

i just cant find another colour that goes with the green and i thought as seen as the indicators and the rear lights are more orange, it kinda works, lol

you gonna use paint or tape?

Back
Top Bottom