N16 DCi-R

Just got up to speed in your thread again Ed. I love this car! Your attention to detail is amazing. I really like the new 35 and 32 wheels. Makes me want to convert my car to 5 stud so i can run them as well... hehe

Ever thought of R34 GT-T or R34 GT-R wheels? if you can spare one of your kidneys...

Reactions: edk
Yeah shame that 350z GT Rays wheels are 18" too as I LOVE their design.

I see 18" as too big. Tyres would be silly money too.

-phone-

Easily done. 225/45 17 RS2's are £110 a corner.

Really is. I just spent £240 on a pair of Conti SC5s. Last ages and an awesome tyre though (if the 2 and 3 were anything to go by). Not looked it up but I bet tyres to fit 18" and keep rolling radius are silly prices.

Starting the clutch and flywheel change

20130616_151310.jpg

20130616_151321.jpg

So much needs to be removed! On the plus side on inspection the turbo seems to be in great nick still :)

-phone-

Very well. Seriously impressed by its performance and longevity. Needs must though as a direct OEM replacement I dont think will hold 'stage 2' torques.

-phone-

Exhaust off

Front engine mount, hacksaw with reversed blade, relieves tension on shell, prise out. Grease up poly mount, push in (yet to put poly mount in as I need lithium grease).

No broken vanes. Win. No excessive play either :)

Made to the size flush with the gasket. I'll get measurements tomorrow dude :), I'm all packed away and cleaned up now.

Back
Top Bottom