N16 DCi-R

The standard clutch is more then capable of holding all them torques. Ed has been running it for around 2-3 years now @210ish bhp & over 300 lbft. I also have a fully rebuilt turbo technics which is in the for sale section too which you SHOULD be intrested in lol. ;)

Reactions: edk
As V-Spec says, standard clutch can take a lot of abuse :) We're lucky in this respect as most other Diesel manufactures (notably VW, Honda) can't take much more over stock. If you never plan to go over 200bhp then you'll be fine on the stock clutch. However, if you do drag strip/track days then it'll wear out faster, and when it comes to replacing it go with the custom setup I have now, it's actually cheaper than buying normal replacements!!! So really it's worth replacing it with the custom setup when ever you do need a clutch/flywheel change, even if you never hit the track.

The clutch in the X-Trail is actually the same as ours. It might have a stronger pressure plate, not sure on that.

Nice, it's back in one piece now then? I don't think I've heard videos of it before, it has a nice beefy tone, not at all tractor like! ;)

Nice, it's back in one piece now then? I don't think I've heard videos of it before, it has a nice beefy tone, not at all tractor like! ;)

Oh god no, these were taken back in February :)

Still got a lot to do on the car but it's been on hold with work plus waiting for parts and other things being done.

New hybrid turbo has been bought. It's a custom hybrid GT1856V from TDi Turbos.

More info
http://www.almeraownersclub.com/index.php?posts/679877

Adam of TDi Turbos is a trader on here so send him a PM if you're interested in buying :)
TDi Turbos - http://www.almeraownersclub.com/members/tdi-turbos.24838/

Before fitting I'll be tapping the manifold to fit an EGT probe (exhaust gas temp). Before turbo gives you a better reading as temps can fluctuate a lot post.

As for updates on the build, I've taken the gearbox off now to send for rebuild and HLSD fit. Soon the new clutch and flywheel will go on.

Chassis parts too but waiting till the end of the month for the roll centre correction balljoints to be sent out from the US then wishbones can go on.

A bit behind schedule but still hopefull I'll have this at JAE :) bloody hope so anyway because long journeys in the Starlet are not a great experience!

-phone-

Nope. Cov made mine. But on an Almera they throw a warning light so not so great :(

-phone-

If my memory serves me well, I believe COV a member on this forum made Ed the piece & it was like 6-8mm thick. I have purchased the 1 off eBay (not fitted), it's only 2mm & I was told by the seller he's sold 100's & never had any issues.

They throw the warning because the ECU notices that the exhaust gas is no longer flowing. Must be a sensor in the valve itself... The blank itself I'm sure is fine (although Cov's thicker one I am more likely to trust), but only use if you can tolerate the warning light and realise that if you have a real problem you might now not spot it. I just unplug my EGR valve, it does the same thing but is easy to plug back in to clear codes. I check codes on a small reader from time to time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom