N16 DCi-R

Not really I'm afraid. There are plenty of diesels out there that would muller my car. You petrol heads and your lack of diesel knowledge!! :lol:

Heh well yes they will be very fast. But's Renault's 2.0L DCi in the Nissans is 170bhp. BMW's 2.0L is near 200bhp I think with stupid high MPG to boot. I'm sure there are others too. But thanks for the comments. The modding CONTINUES!!!

yeah i agree ed, mazda make some really good diesels now, along with audi, with their Q7 V8 4.2 turbo diesel....

this has 360bhp and a whoooping 560lbft!!! and 0-62 in 6.2 secs, ALTHOUGH bear in mind it weights 3.2tonne!!
go to the technical specification :D
Q7...rocket

^ im with you

i have derv experience too, my old tunned 110bhp 306dt did a timed 0-60mph in 9.8sec & 1/4 mile in 16.8sec
at the same friend had mapped 307HDi to 140bhp did 0-60mph in 9sec and 1/4 mile in 16.9sec. ESP on it too which helps on take off.

Seat Ibiza TDi160 does a book time of 6.8sec to 60mph, which is sweet as. i'd be very, very happy with 8sec fella.
derv 1st gear is terrible short too iirc. N15 GTi 1st gear is nice and long.

my 2cents
david

thats sweet dude, my stock GTi with the back seats out did it in 7.1 secs (timed at york raceway) definitely looking forward to seeing it go at shakeys this year :D

ah yeah he has traction control too :(
my chances are slim :lol:

oh and dont forget itll be super clean too, as allways, so the aerodynamics will make him go quicker too :D

oh and dont forget itll be super clean too, as allways, so the aerodynamics will make him go quicker too :D

pmsl :lol:
You'll make me look like a french snail Stu :P (yes I know, I used a french joke on myself :rolleyes: crack open the champagne... omg another one!).

I'm not racing you stu. You could start in 5th and beat me :P

Mazda do make a great engine (is basically the ford TDCi), and was very tempted by the last model Leon 1.9TDi 150. Lightly mod those, with remap, and you can buy lightweight flywheels for the VAG stuff and various other bits, and it will FLY.

It'll take much more effort to get more out of the YD22, but then that's where the fun and interest of it is at.

On a weight point of view, stock my kerb weight is 1288kg. Got lighter wheels, dropped the stock exhaust and CAT (which weighed a fecking ton!) for a stainless steel job, and will have coilies soon. Reckon that's a good few kgs saved. Got tons of torque too though so weighing more than a GTi isnt such a problem on the straights, and tbh I still find it handles really well in the twisties on my Koni's :) Stick those badboy BCs on and...:D

MPG UPDATE:
44.6 average, 600 miles for one tank. Driven 70-80 on motorways mostly for that tank. Driven with a heavy foot before which took it down to 43 mpg. The average is over the last 2000 miles driven.

What power have you got though? Cause once you get the revs up if you've got more power then you'd probably have me!

What power have you got though? Cause once you get the revs up if you've got more power then you'd probably have me!

Only just; 154bhp & 164Nm :O No VVL or turbo in the na S15's either :mad2: so you could even be quicker :angry:

Let me put it this way - it doesn't feel like its a whole lot quicker than my 1.8 Twin Cam N16 was

I'm really surprised by that I thought it was super quick from looking at it lol :) What's the kerb weight?

thats a nice cruising s15 then

She looks the part and handles like nothing I've ever been in - I must update my project page actually...

I know Ed, when I got the result I thought there was something seriously wrong but apparently thats what the Spec S's are like. I've heard of some getting as low as 135 at the fly! Sure Autech could only get 200bhp from the block even though they were getting 197 from the 1.6L VVL's around the same time!

Back
Top Bottom