N16 DCi-R

Maybe think about adding a thin strip of metal (maybe alloy, lightweight ;) ) to the back of the plate too, at the bottom.. To stop the middle flexing in at motorway speeds.
Joe

Can be done ;). Got some aluminium strip I used to mount the intercooler and catch tank. I'll use what's left of it :D.

To be fair Ed the efficiency of your FMIC really shouldn't be effected by the number plate. From what I understand as long as the design of the IC is not restrictive to the flow then the section showing should more than suffice the gains your looking for?

As a cosmetic mod looks the part but only as a cosmetic change...

I see your point Rich. The air does enter the IC at the top though and exit the top so the top few channels are the ones that'll hold the most compressed (hot) air and they are also the channels that are behind the bumper there... Thoughts?

Allowing the air to go higher up the intercooler if it wants to is a great idea IMO..
And its not going to do any harm is it?
Especially now you've said the inlet and outlet are both at the top.
Joe

I honestly don't think it would make much difference with the number plate still covering the affected area. If it was revealing a whole new section of I/C, it would benefit from more air & so reduce the temp, but the plate is still effectively covering the same bit. Sorry Ed - don't think it'll work.

The plate isnt going to be there numpty! :rolleyes: No need for a number plate on the drag strip.

Wheelspin in 2nd in the dry . . . . torque talks ! :lol: Not sure if you'll accept this as a compliment Ed, but I think it sounds like a Yeti gargling with TCP :lol:

sounds like a Yeti gargling with TCP :lol:

Never heard a Yeti do that myself so I'll take it as a kindness :lol:.

Yeah Sam you certainly wouldnt think it was a diesel. Hell when it gets into the distance it sounds a bit like a V engined aeroplane :D.

Hell when it gets into the distance it sounds a bit like a V engined aeroplane (Edk)

Yeah, I'd go with that - it's a more accurate metaphor than mine :lol:

More drag strip goodies in the shape of a cold air feed :D

cold_air_feed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom