N16 DCi-R

Not as fast as I can make it feel on the road. I still have a few tests I'd like to do, like start in second gear and/or skip gears to bring revs into earlier in the torque range.

I think the last run on the rollers (without the tuning box) shows where I can tweak things. I might be able to hold on till 4500rpm where power doesnt drop below what it is @ 3000rpm, but that would mean when changing up a gear it'll I'll have the same problem (and also torque up till then does drop off quite a bit because of boost holding back to 15psi rather than 18psi a few hundred revs earlier). So maybe holding 2nd till 4500rpm then changing to 4th would drop me back to 3k-ish in the right area. Tricky business drag racing a diesel :rolleyes:. Of course this graph might be different now with the intercooler upgrade and cold air feed.

02112008bhp-h.jpg

This cars incredible. If Nissan would have made a similiar looking car as standard, with 2 litre petrol engine it could have been another lovely GTi and continued the heritage.

Yeah it's a real shame they never put the SR20 in it in this country. Looks wise they missed a trick too, when the sentra looks so good in the US and the N16 sedan looks better outside of Europe.

Does it only look better cos its different tho?

Interesting. Hard to know for sure. All I know is that out of the choice between a UK/Europe DM or a US/Malaysian/Australian sedan I'd take the latter... however now I'd take mine over them all :)

Looking at yours and Liams side by side, the standard one just looks so faggy and french. Open mouth is much more aggressive.

The rear lights could be a little more agressive perhaps, but other than that your versions pretty spot on. I wonder what sort of Nissan petrol engine would be an easy drop in, if any? Also, how does the chassis and handling compare from n15 to n16? I know the n16 doesn't have a suspension tuned version, but if it did.

Phase 2 has better suspension. I can't compare between the two chassis as I've only ever drivern an N15 on coilovers. being lighter you might imagine it's better but StevenC says the n16 is more neutral. The n16 does have a less toe-in on the rear beam which I believe is good for performance. tbh it's a rather broad question to ask in my thread!

Hard to drop a petrol engine into mine with the fuel system being diesel. Lots would have to be changed. Not too bothered as I like the YD22 :). Lots of potential yet to be released.

Why is the cold air feed not sealed to the air filter housing?

I don't understand why you have left a space, which will allow hot air to be drawn into the intake.

Dave, I respect your knowledge so please dont take this as poo pooing you :lol:... but I don't believe it will. The gap allows any water to drip out without going into the airbox, and because of the flow of air from the feed I don't see how any warm air will get into inlet of the box :confused:.

Cheers Dan :) Glad I'm representing for the N16 :cool: :lol:

''The gap allows any water to drip out without going into the airbox''
any water if any will not ''run'' up the intake lol, it'll be as a mist and will entre the air box - again if any

your N16 is supa cool edk, overall look, stance, kolor, noise tha lot pal - and its all you, well done

david

Dave, I respect your knowledge so please dont take this as poo pooing you :lol:... but I don't believe it will. The gap allows any water to drip out without going into the airbox, and because of the flow of air from the feed I don't see how any warm air will get into inlet of the box :confused:.

Cheers Dan :) Glad I'm representing for the N16 :cool: :lol:

i gotta agree with dave mate,

think about it along the lines of a suction fed spray gun,

the vacuum in the airbox will draw the air in through the easiest way possible, and the flow of air over the hole will draw air in as well.

my descriptive skills are terrible.

I guess I may end up getting a damp air filter then? At least the turbo will atmomise any water drops that make their way in wouldnt it? i.e. no worry of water entering the cylinder?

You may get a slightly wet air filter under heavy rain conditions, but I am sure that you could buy a panel filter that doesn't have a paper element, thus preventing a 'soggy filter'.

Best thing to do would be to try it both ways and see if there is a difference...that way you will know for sure.

As for water entering the engine...only a very little amount, if any at all will reach the engine.

Let us know how you get on bud!

Back
Top Bottom