N16 DCi-R

can i have sloppy seconds? im building my intake piping for shakies, no holey bonnet, just nice 75mm tubing, shield like rowdys and now this cai will complete :D

:lol: I look forward to it Joe you minx. It's been in my watch list for a while and I thought I'd finally get it bought for shakeys :D. I like that it's neat when it changes length and that it's got fixing backets.

Get in line Paul
smileysex.gif

:lol: I look forward to it Joe you minx. It's been in my watch list for a while and I thought I'd finally get it bought for shakeys :D. I like that it's neat when it changes length and that it's got fixing backets.

Been after a cheap one for ages as I said..
The fact its BLACK too and not that shitty looking chromeish stuff lol, and its 3"! Score haha. Is it pretty sturdy Ed?
I've ordered one just.
Joe

I'm hoping to not have to. I'm keeping the standard air box and will just put one end of the cold feed about an inch away from the inlet of the box. The other will go down into the high pressure area of the bumper behind the fog light. I expect it to work well without feeding water onto the filter :).

I'm hoping to not have to. I'm keeping the standard air box and will just put one end of the cold feed about an inch away from the inlet of the box. The other will go down into the high pressure area of the bumper behind the fog light. I expect it to work well without feeding water onto the filter :).

Sounds good ! :thumb:

Installed a cold air feed today :).

The pipe.
cold_air_feed.jpg

Before
IMG_8726.jpg

After
IMG_8730.jpg

Improving air flow through the bumper.
IMG_8731.jpg

IMG_8735.jpg

IMG_8741.jpg

Brackets fixed to chassis keeping it secure.
IMG_8734.jpg

IMG_8736.jpg

Done :)
IMG_8739.jpg

Test drive tonight.

Yeah Paul you know subtle is the way to go ;). The inlet sits behind the fog at the mo but there is sufficent space in the gap between it and the intercooler that air will still easily get there. I think for the track though I'll take the nearside fog out and clear a way directly to the inlet of the feed.

Even an orange cable tie! Love it! Good job, like it as it's not all squashed that that rubbish aluminum stuff.

Yeah Paul you know subtle is the way to go ;). The inlet sits behind the fog at the mo but there is sufficent space in the gap between it and the intercooler that air will still easily get there. I think for the track though I'll take the nearside fog out and clear a way directly to the inlet of the feed.

Hell yes ! Get that air stuffed in there :D

Engine bay cleaned up, engine cover back on, and exhaust manifold heat shield painted up :). Took some pics for good measure.

Cleaning up the manifold heat shield.
DSC00798.jpg

IMG_8755.jpg

IMG_8756.jpg

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8765.jpg

IMG_8777.jpg

IMG_8778.jpg

IMG_8773.jpg

How it was standard and now.
IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_8769.jpg

Nice work Ed loving the transformation just a shame Nissan cover their engines with plastic covers now as I prefer it when it's off! How was she performance wise down the strip?

Back
Top Bottom