N16 DCi-R

ye i love the yellow fogs,a dn that pic above is making me very worried about how much ui might want/like a french car :helpsmilie:

looks awesome, this is gonna be a million times better than dciR mk1

Cheers guys :)

ye i love the yellow fogs,a dn that pic above is making me very worried about how much ui might want/like a french car :helpsmilie:

looks awesome, this is gonna be a million times better than dciR mk1

I think you said the same thing when the grey one got done, just like a lot of others :lol:

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Orange, Black or Clear Fogs I say as it looks a little FrenchDM than JDM... Oh and hurry up with that second nose job!

No way man, yellow fogs is a JDM trend too, especially on black cars, but anyway I did it to trial the look and I love it, so they're staying ;)

Also guys I would think that yellow repeaters or orange fogs is illegal. Beside the point as I wouldnt like that anyway. The repeaters match the indicators which can't be changed, and the yellow brings a bit more colour into the black car, and I think they will compliment the bronze when the wheels are painted.

Not feeling the colour of the fogs/orange indicators but looks stunning mate! Well done, good work /jazz/

Oh and loving the pic from the front!!

Here's a better shopped version to previous. Front end done as the grey one was, with additional tinted sun strip, and the SSR wheels refurbished in Volk Bronze. I'll be sticking some wind deflectors on too. This is what I've decided on, at last :lol:

blackN16IMG_5654_ssrvolkbrnzedkfrontend.jpg

and a reminder of how it is now

IMG_5654.jpg

You know with your custom front end, you've got it split into 3 in the lower grill?

Can you see how it'd look with it being how it is in the standard n16 bumper? All one grill?

Holy shit Ed! How did I miss this??

New car looks awesome. mmmm Black with yellow fogs. I like.

Car looks great mate. Keep up your good work. I look forward to seeing this car finished to your high standard.

Ammar that's something I've been considering already actually. It would look cleaner and more modern on the black I reckon :) Here's the shop. But I'm still undecided as I dont want to go for it on any basis that it's less work to do :lol:. However if I think ultimately it will look better then it's what I'd do.

blackN16IMG_5654_ssrvolkbrnzedkfrontendnolegs.jpg

The only thing with doing this though would be that I couldn't have a removable piece to showoff the intercooler.

Chris thanks mate :) I didnt realise I had set such high expectations, so I hope this one will meet them :)

I prefer the three piece lower grille to be honest. The extra bars mirror the angle of the bumper bars to the side of the headlamps. It also breaks up that massively wide split at the bottom which, I think, makes it look like a bottom feeding fish.

@ th3k3ymast3er the notches are due to the fitment with the JDM bonnet. The only way to remove them would be to cut the bonnet and weld the edge. Unless Ed goes for the GRP copy then it's a pretty simple operation to cut off the edge.

I like those 'notches'.

Yeah I added the legs and chose that angle to do just that, to compliment the angle of the bumper/grille.

-mobile phone post-

@ th3k3ymast3er the notches are due to the fitment with the JDM bonnet. The only way to remove them would be to cut the bonnet and weld the edge. Unless Ed goes for the GRP copy then it's a pretty simple operation to cut off the edge.

Just thought as he's revisiting it this time round on a new budget he was in a position to realise this solution. Would make for a better finished look.

edk_bonnet_2.jpg

Just thought as he's revisiting it this time round on a new budget he was in a position to realise this solution. Would make for a better finished look.

edk_bonnet_2.jpg

New budget? You mean less budget? :lol::rolleyes:

Modding the bumper is one thing, but changing a metal bonnet is something totally different mate. I'm not going to mess with it. I do want to make the bumper fit it better this time though as I previously moulded in the grille 5mm too high. 5mm lower will make all the difference this time, trust me, and the lines of those notches will line with with the top of the grille. See any JDM G10 or Asia/Pacific N16 and you'll see how it should have been :). I agree that does look clean Leigh, but I think the notches, or teeth as I've liken to call them, add aggression.

Basically the grey car looked awesome, and if it aint broke... so I dont want to mess with that formula ;)

Thanks again Chris :thumb:

This is just an idea Ed, but have you thought about getting moulds made of the finished bumper, so fibreglass replicas can be made? Rather than having each one made individually.

This is just an idea Ed, but have you thought about getting moulds made of the finished bumper, so fibreglass replicas can be made? Rather than having each one made individually.

I have and I said about that in the group buy for bonnets :). Same company who is making the bonnets might be doing the bumper after too.

Haha I plan to put it somewhere Leigh :)

-mobile phone post-

Profile shot of the black beast. Rear mud guards to go on unless I can find a decent rear lip, apron or spats, and must put my p1 rear lights on.

IMG_5674.jpg

Back
Top Bottom