N16 DCi-R

I really wish you would leave the Phase 2 rears on Ed, as I think the Phase 1's will date your car - but it's down to personal preference . . . . . :wink:

p2 rears are too bugeyed and miscoloured for my liking, sorry Paul. p1s have a much cleaner design too. Perhaps if the P2s were tinted in a dark red film it could work.

They're not clear in p1 lights simo. Slight red tint with a green filter to make it white (you cant see the green from the exterior, and the only clear bit is the strip of acrylic indicator (acrylic is the modern 'in' thing I'll have you know Paul ;)).

p1rearlights.jpg

p2rearlights.jpg

I always thought that P2s were trying too hard to look modern. They over did it, tried to copy freelander 2 lights, and failed. 3D clusters were in at the time like lexus lights before that. I think P1s are timeless. Look at new mercs, they have a very similar deisgn to the P1s.

images

images

images

Clean and simple and it works.

They're not clear in p1 lights simo. Slight red tint with a green filter to make it white (you cant see the green from the exterior, and the only clear bit is the strip of acrylic indicator (acrylic is the modern 'in' thing I'll have you know Paul ;)).

Don't have that fetish I'm glad to say . . . . . :tongue:

I'd be the 1st to say that the P2's could have been done better, but you only have to look at the way Kingy's P1 looks so much better with P2 part upgrades. Putting P1 parts on a P2 car just seems like a backwards step to me Ed, but like I said it's what you think about yours that's important. We're all different & so are (most of) our 'Meras :)

P2 parts on a P1 car is one thing, sure, but we're talking specifically about P2 rear lights. I prefer the bumpers, rear wiper, interior, badges, headlights and bonnet on a P2, just not the rear lights!

Putting P1 parts on a P2 car just seems like a backwards step to me Ed, but like I said it's what you think about yours that's important. We're all different & so are (most of) our 'Meras :)

Indeed and I dont see P1 rears as dated. Just because something is older doesnt make it a step back or a bad thing in my mind, as long as the part looks good.

It's like even more modern VZRs adding the acrylic in the design. See, it's modern!

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

There's one thing I will say about black cars and that's that P2 rears look their best on them. Definitely didnt work on the grey, but here I still prefer the P1 rears :) I know that's not everyone's choice.

May get a LIGHT smoke on them as the contrast is a bit great, and it'll go to darkening the red a little which cant be bad.

To put on now is 5mm spaces on rear, nissan tailgate badge, mud guards, club stickers and rear splitter that I've got coming ;). I've also just bought some spats which I'll trial fit.

i agree that the ph2's look their best on a black car, and also that the ph1's still look better. the new motor is looking better each time i see it ed, can't wait till you edk™®© the front end :shades:

looking forward to seeing what you've came up with for the spats and rear splitter, i'm just sticking with color coded rear mudguards on my one i think

Reactions: edk
P1's look loads better IMO!

Oh, and arent those shoddy plates annoying the hell out of you? :)
(i know you're probably waiting for the plate transfer)

Cheers guys :). Colour coded mud gaurds are still going on this (just need to respray the ones I have on the grey car, paint is already on the way) and I'm either using a splitter or the spats to see which works best. If the splitter goes better on the rear then I may put the spats on the front or back of the sideskirts.

Waaaaay too cold to put the exhaust on this afternoon unfortunately. There was ice in my mudgaurds when I took them off the grey car :lol:

Oh, and arent those shoddy plates annoying the hell out of you? :)
(i know you're probably waiting for the plate transfer)

They are! and I had a shoddy plate on the grey car too so I really want nice new plates now! It's been a long time coming for me. But I see no point in buying new plates when I know I'm going to transfer the reg, and when I do I'll need to buy new plates for that anyway.

For reference, this is what it looks like with the pro race 2s on. Front tyres wore out on the SSRs so using these and might switch to my OEM wheels actually until I can refurbish the SSRs and get new tyres for them :)

These wheels are still up for sale :)

blackprorace2IMG_5748.jpg

Back
Top Bottom