N16 DCi-R

It looks mean but I'm not keen. Looses all definition being all black.

Nah this is what I'll end up with:

blackN16_DSC04867_silverSSR.jpg

:lol: sorry Stu, theyve got to go to release some cash and make way for my SSRs ;)

SSR alllll day long.

The triangular bits at the end of the spokes just look out of place on the TD

My GTLE wheels were OEM, and they looked hot on the grey car ;). GTi wheels look good on others cars. It's just this design that is yawn.

They're heavy ed, get rid

Yes I know it's a diesel turbo, lots of torque blah blah, but you know how much of a difference it makes dude ;)

Steve

Is no one reading the text? :lol:. Steve they're only on there while I get the SSRs refurbished and new tyres bought :thumb:.

Reactions: IT
Either power coated through a contact for £100, or doing them myself with paint. I'm pretty confident with my painting ability to get it right now. I've got some 2K lacquer in a can that's as hard as nails for it too (tested when I painted my door handles and with only one coat of lacquer they held up really well, not a mark). The advantage of painting mean a better finish for metallics (or so I read) and you can choose your own colour, on top of the fact it'll be cheaper to DIY.

lol well mate i wouldnt say no! After I do mine again (I DIY'd the grids I had once) I'm going to have had a good bit of practice :). While you're over perhaps we can do your arches too eh ;)

Stripped tyres off the SSRs today and got cracking on the refurb prep. Kerbing by previous owner took a chunk out of the rim.

Cleaned, then filed, then cleaned. Paint prep wipes important here.
IMG_0372.jpg

Used Chemical Metal in the end as it was available, recommended and I'm painting the wheels. If you're powder coating it's recommended you use Quiksteel instead.
IMG_0374.jpg

Applied and set.
IMG_0375.jpg

Block sanded, then contour.
IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Reapplied a little as a dimple was left and will re-sand as above, but otherwise done :)
IMG_0380.jpg

nice work ed, look forward to seeing these return to the awesome wheels they once were! good to see someone taking the time to do it right instead of using lesser methods of repair!. did you end up deciding on vb1? as the more than fair poll seemed to just edge vb1 in front :lol:

Back
Top Bottom