N16 DCi-R

Taking votes from NPOC and the AOC vb2 actually won, but I have to say by just posting it and reading comments it helped me decide. I took the voting on board and slept on it a bit and have decided on the final colour. It's not actually any of the speciifc ones from the poll :lol: but it's a more subtle version of bronze, being a kind of grey colour. Should look good. I think I'll be able to settle with that more easily being a daily drive :).

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

looks like a good job ed nice 1. Suprised the wheel isn't buckled. looks like it took a fair whack.

These are semi solid forged wheels so hard as nails ;)

Thanks guys, hopefully the repairs will hold up.

The wheels are with Matt (TDOC) now. I changed my mind at the last minute and have ordered some rather special paints. If finished in time I will be picking them up at a meet on the 20th :). Secrets! Haha :D only cause I want the colour to do the talking so you'll see for yourselves soon.

-mobile phone post-

Thanks Corbs, the repairs looked pretty tidy in the end so was pleased with the Chemical Metal, would recommend it :).

-mobile phone post-

Could do. I learnt a small tip recently about the best way to mix in hardener which from previous filler experience seemed to help. I'll mention it in the how to then. It really wasn't that tricky tho.

-mobile phone post-

lovely stuff ed, good filling work, proper job. Might have to do this on any little damage my new rims have when i get them ;)

and the 'special paint' you mentioned to me will be awesome imo. HA aoc secrets, yay i'm in on one :lol:

Nice work Ed. Proper job as usual. What's the tip for mixing filler then? Use the corner to stir and then fold? Looking forward to the finished product.

Thanks Dave, I'm quite nervous about how this colour is going to look on my wheels though. It's the one thing that I've done totally blind on my car so hopefully it's not going to be the one thing that ends up not working on it!

New rear splitter from the US. It's universal fitment and made of foam to flex to anything. There's a few bits that need ironing out like the corners bend in, but I can sort that with some fibreglass or metal support. Not sure whether to keep the bit going over the exhaust tip or not, or even turn the thing into spats!

Main thing is that it compliments the front splitter nicely and as why I bought it :)

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

Once those corners are sorted out as I mentioned above then it'll look a lot more tidy :)

seriously, kill that number plate with fire now! I know ive mentioned it before, but.....just do it.

ed you got a link to that as that looks better than the laguna one. id cut the exhaust bit out as when your custom exhaust is done it may get in the way i know it will with mine.

Back
Top Bottom