N16 DCi-R

very nice your new car edk... you are a N16 master in this forum man...
;)

Got some trailing arm bushes, and I also bought from Cam Skill some Cooper CS6 tyres to try out. Good reviews on grip and wear. With the weight of the front end and torques this is a real concern for me. Can't fault Falkens for performance and wear is ok, but I'm on the hunt for something with better wear. If these still wear the same then I'll try Conti Sport Contact 2s, and then on to Michelin PS3s if the cash is there at the time.

trailingarmbushes_1942k.jpg

Let the record show that:

7J, +30 offset with 205/50 tyres is THE perfect setup for 16" wheels on the front of an N16. No spacers required.

Likewise rears are 8J, +35. Take note N16 owners :D (btw this is equivalent to 7J, +22).

Tidied up my hubs/discs - http://www.almeraownersclub.com/threads/39762-Brake-Care-De-rusting-and-painting-discs and done the rears today.

Just learnt that 'Understeer' on the N16 Malaysian Owners Club has Z32 4 pots on with the same wheels but +38 offset with 8mm spacers. So the +30 offset on my wheels are perfect for calipers clearance. I think this might have to be done...

Understeer's car

DSC04762.jpg

Nissan4pottestfitting-1.jpg

nice man had my doubts but looks great! you'd blend in well when you come to romford now! lol
how long did you spen on the pc working out the sizes and how to put them on? ;)

So it looks like my front engine mount is goosed or on the way out at least. What do you reckon from the pics? Opportunity then to try and find a poly mount to replace it. Taken some measurements to help find one. Anyone know if I'll need to go custom or do these match an from the SR20 mounts?

I make it 75mm x 38mm.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

had the engine brace from the grey car off today (prep for the engine being dropped tomorrow). Here's the read mount. I think this is the one I would want to be poly. Can anyone cross reference this with any of the SR/QG/GA mounts please? :) Thanks.

rearenginemountIMAG0595.jpg

rearenginemountIMAG0594.jpg

rearenginemountIMAG0600.jpg

enginebraceIMAG0593.jpg

enginebraceIMAG0592.jpg

Back
Top Bottom