N16 DCi-R

side engine mounts for SR20

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

oh and dont get too hung up about where the centre hole it either, as its offset on a stock SR rear mount and central on the poly.

oh and dont get too hung up about where the centre hole it either, as its offset on a stock SR rear mount and central on the poly.

Cheers, Chris good to know.

Thanks Dylan for posting the pics mate :). Looks like they're not the ones to go for. Damn Diesel lump uses a huge rear mount then!

Looking like a long search for some random mount for another car I think.

Why not look to other diesel cars? Civic, Astra, Golf ect. As they must use beefy mounts and most probably have off the shelf parts :)

Reactions: edk
Good idea Liam. The trouble will be finding out what size they are though. Easy to find to buy (if they even do poly mounts for those Diesels. More likely to find Golf ones as they get tuned a lot), but they don't really ever have dimensions. I think an email to Superpro or ES is in order. Who make the red engine poly mounts everyone here seems to buy?

Prothane.

Just remove the rear mount from your grey one and send it to Tegiwa they can fill it with whatever hardness poly urethane you want

Reactions: edk
IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Actually, the diameter is right isnt it for my rear mount, just the thickness isn't the same. But, does it matter if the mounts don't touch in the middle?

Would it not be best to spread the force over the whole poly, might wear out fast if the tube isn't making full contact with the whole poly

Looks like the YD rear tube is the same size as the SR gearbox mount though, and with YD tube is long enough to reach to the end of the SR mount even with it's top hat overhang. I think.

More dimensions if possible please mate :)

Diameter of the hole. Diameter of the part that goes inside the shell. Thickness of the part that sticks out. Hope that makes sense! Thank you mate :)

The Diameter that goes inside the shell? Like the diameter of the piece between the 2 lips of the poly in the picture I showed? Thats what I measured, it was approximately 83mm

Back
Top Bottom