Cleaned her up a bit the dirty bitch.

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

:thumb::thumb:

Don't know how hard the police are with you down there but I reckon changing the font or even the size of the font would look good on your car too!

I do need new plates as the halfords ones I have on are going crappy now, esp. the rear. Will be keeping them legal though mate. I want to get rid of the euro book end. Can't decided on black border or just plain.

Ed, looking gorgeous as usual! The motors not looking too bad either :roll:

Thanks for the text earlier, its good info to know! But somehow i dont think ill be needing if for sometime to come yet bud :lol:

I blanked off my EGR today. I tired to do this a few weeks back but sheared a stud and rounded a bolt which left me in a difficult position, and a blowing exhaust manifold!

Anyway it's all sorted now, fitted with new gaskets too. The blanks were made by a CoV and they're top work. If anyone has a Primera, Almera of Navara Diesel I'd recommend these as he's making and selling them for all :)

Lots of soot just inside the opening to the inlet manifold from the EGR tube so it's a good bet the whole intake is like that. Now that it's blanked it'll stop the build up, and I'll get some Wynns EGR cleaner in there at the next opportunity. No doubt throttle response is going to be improved with the whole of the EGR tube removed which was like an extension of the exhaust manifold. Also MPG will increase.

Pics :)

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

These blanks have allowed the removal of the EGR tube. A saving of 850g :lol:
IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Cleaned up the surfaces
IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

forgive my ignorance ed, but this will reduce lag, but increase cylinder temperatures?

what was the purpose of the recirculation? a bit of research told me to add lost oxygen to incoming mixture

wont you be overfuelling?? if im being an idiot, please school me haha

Steve

No no and no I'm afraid Steve :) Don't worry about it though. I'll go over some basics so I hope this isnt making you suck eggs but I'll cover it all to be safe :)

These run a cool EGR system (the tube itself acts as an 'intercooler' or sorts for the gases) and don't affect cylinder temps very much. The intercooler upgrade I have in place anyway allows more air into the engine so using my Exhaust Gas Temperature guage I can see that I'm running very cool anyway, about 300 degC bellow safe levels (this just shows how light a tune Nissan gave this 2.2 beast of an engine). So yeah by blanking the EGR and allowing more clean fresh air into the cylinders will in fact either cancel out not having the exhaust gases any more or even make the cylinder temps even cooler.

The reason for the EGR on a Diesel is to burn any No2 gases. It's an emissions thing, but doesnt effect the MOT as Diesels are only judged by a Smoke Test.

Ok for one, Diesels are REALLY flexible when it comes to Air/Fuel ratios, so for a Diesel to actually be 'overfueling' you'd need a silly amount of fuel to be going in against very little air (see video). Fuel is what gives Diesel engines their power, and air is less important unlike in Petrol tuning. The more air you put in to a diesel though the more fuel you can put in which is the same as a petrol, the difference in that running rich gives more power to a Diesel engine. More fuel = hotter exhaust gases and cylinder temps but this only becomes dangerous levels with LOTS of fuel. For exmaple I can get away with a smokey tune to gain more power. Upping the boost and/or upgrading the turbo provides more air to reduce the smoke, which in turn allows for more fuel to be dumped in!

For my engine the hybrid turbo will be able to provide lots of air. The bottle neck could be in the fuel pump and/or injectors. Upshot is that because this engine is to be tuned and I've got my eye on EGR temps, any changes to the setup is fine.

Sorry it's that's a bit of mess but I was just typing what was dribbling out of my brain :thumb:

Sorry it's that's a bit of mess but I was just typing what was dribbling out of my brain :thumb:

thats a good read ed, i honestly know very little about diesels, so im a bit wiser now :)

i did see a drag car in malta with a diesel engine, the most amount of smoke i've ever seen from a car billowing out the rear! always wondered why

cheers bud

Steve

Talking of EGRs Ed - I found out recently that Phase 1 petrol N16s use a very similar looking pipe to your deisel, but the Phase 2s are completely different. When I changed the manifold over, I didn't need the attachment that came with it as Phase 2s use an internal recirculation system apparently.

fuck emissions! good man ed

yeh deisels just have a constant flow of fuel at all times, it isnt measured by TPS like injection petrol engines

EDK, can you please provide me with the part number or where I can get appropriate Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs for N16 2.2D. mines a non turbo. Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom