N16 SR16VE

no respect needed, it's not as if i'm trailblazing here, it's been done several times before, just not in the UK afaik?

yeah i think on track it will shine better than the strip, as we all know the ve's powerband is way up there in the revs so track performance will be better than strip, that along with the better chassis of the N16 over the N15 and i think it will surprise some on trackdays.

ok first question before i waste a trip to the scrappy is this hose a stock item on all sr's? my head says yes but i'm just wanting to be sure :)

Snapped-Hose.jpg

engine mounts arrived today, many thanks joe! you even added something i didn't pay for in the box, a spider lol. thanks for marking them all individually as well mate, makes things much easier for me :shades:

may have found a double garage!! wish me luck!

well things are moving very slowly atm, the first double garage i went after was perfect, it was just a pity the rent was collosal :hammer: i'm now in contact with someone else about another one that's a bit cheaper, but she's kinda put off that i'm going to be working on the cars in it :pinch: incase the noise annoys the neighbours :rolleyes: i'm still emailing back and forth with her so hopefully she'll see sense and realise most people wont pay £275 a month to rent a double garage in the sticks just to park their cars in and not work on them!

another thing that has happened is that i will be able to retain the hydraulic clutch in the car when i drop in the ve, cause thankfully a fellow member (dylan-gti) recently purchased an N1 rs5f32v box and he is going to be using a cable clutch with it in his gti so i have coming to me the release arm that he removed :) btw he's a top bloke and tried to give me it as a freebie!! :shades: (well he did give it to me as a freebie but i sent him some beer tokens to get a beer in for being a top bloke!)

many thanks dylan mate, this has saved me some real hassles

N1 hydraulic clutch release arm
N1-Clutch-Actuator.jpg

now i may have to have another spacer made up to be thicker/thinner than the one that is already on my rs5f30a N16 gearbox to move the operating/secondary cylinder to the right place for correct opreration when i mount it on my vz-r gearbox but that's much less hassle than changing to a cable clutch pedal etc!

Its no problem at all mate, I was more than happy in the thought that I was helping your project move along easier and the part wasn't much use to me as i already said :smile: now get a garage and get a bloody move on :tt2:

heh i'm working on it mate, it's getting to the point that i'll probably end up putting the 6x3m marqee up in the front garden and doing the swap inside there lol, but if i do that i'd better get some sleeping bags etc cause i know for sure i'll be sleeping there for the duration cause the better half wouldn't be best pleased :lol:

and credit where credit is due mate, most people would have tried to rape me in pricing for that bit, just cause it's off an 'N1', so you sir like i said are a top bloke!

Horray! Looks like you've got the majority if the bits now then Phil. Be nice to see this beast come to life when you can find a spot to do the swap.

yeah i can't wait to hear it burst into life mate, i have a few options for a workshop now as nistro may have found something for us to use up his way, plus i'm still going back and forth with this woman so hopefully i'll have somewhere sooner rather than later!

finding a unit in aberdeen is a nightmare. but once we find one there will be lots of pics taken along the way and vids of the startup :) now phil get off the phone trying to call u lol

ross has already very kindly offered the use of their unit and if it was a straightforward out/in swap i would have taken him up on it by now, but it's not a straightforward swap, i'm going to have to be working things out/buying parts as i go, plus unfortuntely Baycon HQ is about 2 hours/115 miles from aberdeen so it just isn't practical :(

Back
Top Bottom