N16 SR16VE

that's great news, yeah cat can wait as mot isn't due till august but the main worry was getting the car to the exhaust guy in elgin without it making enough noise to wake the dead so that's that problem sorted :shades:

shipping agent said:
Hi Phil

Delivery will be Thursday 10.02.11

Please confirm you received my invoice.

Please could you let me know your telephone, i will need to provide the driver with this.

Thanks & Best regards

Joel Abbott

so that means the ve lands with me thursday then :)

/vvl/ time beeeaaatch!!!

yes sweeeeeeet indeed :shades:

How much?

not sure yet mate, there was no attachment on the email and i've recieved no other emails from him, unfortunately i forgot to charge the phone last night and it went flat about lunchtime so i never got this email till i got home at teatime so he must have been away home by the time i replied. i should know in the morning unless he sent it snailmail. tbh i'm dreading it arriving but it needs to happen so the quicker the better!

i wish you all the luck with the conversion after what you gone through lol

thanks mov, it's certainly been a trial, but what doesn't kill you make you stronger lol, and i too am hoping it's relatively plain sailing from here on in, well as plain sailing as these conversions can be :/

X2

You've the bits now mate, now let the fun begin :) Best of luck phil

thanks dylan, not quite all the bits yet but my gspec order comes tomorrow so that's all the poly bushes, oil filter, nismo rad cap etc. joe (shaggy_master) is sending up some n15/sr20 and p11/sr20 mounts, so i'll see what i can use out of them, and once i have worked out what i still need i'll order either jb15 or usdm b15 mounts to finish the mounting side off, and hally is sending up a maf, i think that about covers it for required parts, of course there's things like discs and pads for the bigger brakes etc etc but i'm mostly there :shades:

keep your fingers crossed for me guys for a small customs/shipping bill :sweatdrop::pinch::surrender:

My N16 had a precat in the manifold AND a cat underneath.

If it's still got the exhaust billy made up on the red machine then IIRC it is a 2" system with no middle box.

See how everything matches up. With any luck it'll bolt right on but failing that, you could get a custom decat made up by any exhaust manufacturer to mate the sr16 mani / downpipe and n16 cat back.

thanks for the info steven, i don't think it has the same exhaust any more as the car was sold to me as having a cobrasport 2.5" catback with a 4" japslash tailpipe. yeah the problem wasn't getting the parts made, but more getting the car to where the parts are made with no exhaust lol

It was a custom built exhaust with cobrasport back box when I had it and a 4" slash tip. Put up a pic and I'll confirm if it's the same one or not.

It was a custom built exhaust with cobrasport back box when I had it and a 4" slash tip. Put up a pic and I'll confirm if it's the same one or not.

thanks for the help mate, i wont be near the car till tomorrow but this pic is from the for sale thread

IMG_0081.jpg

i'll get better pics tomorrow but it sounds like it's still the same exhaust, and i'll measure up the centre sections pipe diameter while i'm there and i'll not be too happy if it is indeed only 2" :(

[edit]
exhaust is indeed 2" so looks to be the exhaust you got made up steven, ffs that means after all this i've ended up with a shoddy set of coilovers with a massive failure rate on the n16, an exhaust that will be no use for the ve and a set of badly kerbed 17's :(
[/edit]

ok well i had a shippment arrive today, and i was mega excited cause it was from abroad.......

but it was only my gspec order :tt2:
Gspec-Order.jpg

here i have the polys for the front and rear suspension arms, bushes for the front droplinks and bushes for the gearlinkage (though i may not need these now). also included in the order is a nismo rad cap for my gti radiator and a nissan oil filter for the ve, it seems awful small but i'm sure gspec know their stuff :) 'but wait phil' i hear you say 'what's that big wooden box the gspec order is sittin on?' well fellow members that would be the box for my 16ve :shades:.

it arrived today a whole day early and caught me on the hop, first i knew about it was the better half phoning me complaining she cant get into the drive cause of a big box/pallet blocking her way :lol:, so anyway on with the pics,

as it arrived
It-Arrives.jpg

the dreaded 'wood stamp' that cost the first extra money
Bloody-Woodstamp.jpg

first problem was opening the crate, square headed screws
First-Problem.jpg

no probs i thought as i went and looked out my security bits,
Security-Bits.jpg

but unfortunately no bloody square bits in there!, but after half an hour digging through the shed i finally found the right one, it's an S2 incase anyone else comes accross this problem :lol:
Required-Bit.jpg

then i took out the screws and removed the lid to reveal what all this hassle has been about, the sr16ve
Opened-Lid.jpg

like a small child at christmas i started ripping the packing material off to get to the present inside lol
Open-box2.jpg

Open-box.jpg

Opened-Wrap1.jpg

an lsd goodness shot, with the vz-r 'short shaft'' inner cv

LSD-Goodness.jpg

and not to forget the brains of the operation

The-Brains.jpg

now even after all the hassle, the extra money it cost, all the headaches and everything else, i'm so glad to have it in hand, i'm walking about with a big 'i just got laid' type of smile on my face and i can't wait to get started on the swap :D

i want to take a minute to thank justin from partsguru.co.nz for all his help in getting this engine box and ecu, not to mention he has been a stand up guy in helping with all the niggles along the way and i think in the end this deal even ended up costing him money due to shitty shipping companies. i can wholly reccomend him if your after any jdm bits and know that he will do everything in his power to help you find what your after, so thanks justin your a great guy and i will be doing business with you again!

i also want to take a minute and tell people that if you are ever shipping stuff abroad totaly avoid a company called 'mainfreight' they are a complete bunch of shiesters, who charge a different price for the same job depending if it's the UK or NZ branch that make up the invoice! never mind the fact of them tripling a price between estimate and invoice, avoid them like the plague!

awesome mate, dunno how i missed this thread so far - the thought of puttin a gawjus ve engine into a bloody french car should have made me hurl straight away :stuart:

jokes mate, glad you lept the faith, didn't sell it and are all systems go now. will be awesome

awesome mate, dunno how i missed this thread so far - the thought of puttin a gawjus ve engine into a bloody french car should have made me hurl straight away :stuart:

jokes mate, glad you lept the faith, didn't sell it and are all systems go now. will be awesome

It's because it didnt have VE in the thread title before, only N16, so you obviously didnt care to look :hammer:

Reactions: IT
It's because it didnt have VE in the thread title before, only N16, so you obviously didnt care to look :hammer:

:whistling: i wish i could say you don't have a point :(

i only tend to click the special n16 threads, how bads that.

not to self: appreciate french cars as well as jap sometimes

Back
Top Bottom