N16 SR16VE

2011-03-22160341.jpg

Having a shit in the bucket?

only thing its good for man. only redeeming feature about this one is it will have a sr16 in it

na in all honesty once we get it finished it will be a great car got to get everything laid out to be fitted then clean the bay down and get it painted while its empty

Mmm, its a bit fucked up like...

There is a distinct whiff of bullshit around the whole thing (shame)

I'm sure it'll come good in the end though, the best hooch comes from the most rotten fruits!

due to other things taking up time today we didn't get that much done, but what me and nick :lol: got done will help us just crack on with trial fitting the ve tomorrow.

first up we had to pull the gearbox for two reasons, first was to convert it from cable to hydraulic operated clutch, and secondly to fit the new exedy clutch kit (thanks again will :shades: )

swapping to hydraulic clutch was very straightforward thanks to the N1 clutch lever supplied by dylan (thanks again mate :shades: ), so cable actuator arm off, hydraulic actuator arm back on, along with the new release bearing and a re-grease

gearbox off
2011-03-23144951.jpg

clutch levers and relese bearing forks, hydraulic lever on the far left
2011-03-23150235.jpg

exedy clutch kit
2011-03-23152058.jpg

hydraulic lever and new release bearing back on
2011-03-23163725.jpg

2011-03-23163832.jpg

clutch and cover plate on
2011-03-23172452.jpg

i trial fitted the clutch secondary cylinder off of the N16 to the box and it mates up perfectly with the N1 lever, i was so pleased as this along with the mounting points is one of the areas i was concerned about. we also pulled the plugs out and lifted off the rocker cover to inspect the general health of the top end and to see how it's been running, and as you can see it's looks very good indeed :)

NGK bkr6e's in well good nick
2011-03-23165952.jpg

and where this engine shines, lobeville :lol:
2011-03-23170813.jpg

we also took off the stock VE manifold and fitted the header off my toyosport ebay jobbie, i forgot to take a pic of the new manifold on the engine so i'll get some tomorrow but look at the length of the primaries on the VE's stock header!
2011-03-23172907.jpg

also i found out that the P11 gearbox mount works perfectly on the rs5f32v box and mates exactly to the N16 mounting place :shades:. well that's all for today, more to follow tomorrow :)

can you take a picture of the gearbox when you get time of the back (speed sensor and shifter rod input) I am trying to find which bracket fits the gearbox which will save you modding the shifter rods

after a bit of research
N15 SR20DE rear engine mount bracket (defo not a QG15DE or QG18DE one)
N16 QG15DE Shifter rods (both of them)*
P11 gearbox mount

if your have a look at my QG15DE to QG18DE gearbox swap you will see.

also I have a pair of QG15DE shifter rods if your interested

can you take a picture of the gearbox when you get time of the back (speed sensor and shifter rod input) I am trying to find which bracket fits the gearbox which will save you modding the shifter rods

after a bit of research
N15 SR20DE rear engine mount bracket (defo not a QG15DE or QG18DE one)
N16 QG15DE Shifter rods (both of them)*
P11 gearbox mount

if your have a look at my QG15DE to QG18DE gearbox swap you will see.

also I have a pair of QG15DE shifter rods if your interested

thanks darren, yeah i think that the n15 sr20 rear mount will be the correct choice, i have one here (along with a p11 one too lol) to use, for the front i think i'll get away with using the existing qg15 mount but either using the sr16 mount bracket or modifying the qg one.

thanks for the offer mate, but it was a qg15 that came out of my car so the selectors are still there :)

Looking good bud, looking very good!

thanks dave, i'm just itching to get it running now lol

Back
Top Bottom