N16 SR16VE

for the front i think i'll get away with using the existing qg15 mount but either using the sr16 mount bracket or modifying the qg one.
:-) I can't wait to see this. Anyway as for the front bracket check my thread as I have took all the pictures and measurements you need for the front bracket.

Darren

But you didnt half go arse about tit doing it Darren :lol: with the right bracket and the right bush it WILL bolt in without mod/fabrication!

Come on phil, why isnt this running yet???

But you didnt half go arse about tit doing it Darren :lol: with the right bracket and the right bush it WILL bolt in without mod/fabrication!

Come on phil, why isnt this running yet???
it took me a few attempts to get the front bracket right but at least its done and posted on the forum so others can copy it.

i dont see how you made it so difficult darren mate.

we have an SR20 mounted in a K11 and only had to fabricate 1 mount...

well the GA engine uses the same mount on the drive side mount unlike the N16. its like putting a SR20DE into a GA16 P10 its virtually a straight swap unlike a N16. I had to fab 2 mounts drive side and front. As for wiring don't even start as I have a Phase 2 OBD2 with CAN-BUS so its not a simple straight swap over. it should be fairly straight forward on the N16 phase 1.

yeah as will posted my stupidity has halted this project, for some unknown reason i thought i had a n15 gti rear gearbox mounting bracket in my box of mounts, well it turns out i was wrong, i have the mount, but not the bracket :pinch:. to add insult to injury none of the local car breakers or scrapyards has one, well i tell a lie, one of them does, it has the one i never took off of nistro's old gti that they came and collected last week, but because it's down in the bottom half we're not allowed to go near it, the funny thing is i never bothered to take it off the gti before it got picked up because i was sure i had one :/

due to needing the front, back and gearbox mounts in place so as i can work out the dimensions for fabbing up the driverside mount i had to leave the project be, i have since sourced the required bracket from a fellow member here (thanks again steve!) that will be posted tomorrow and hopefully here on saturday so we can crack on over the weekend. but this delay will give me time to steam clean the engine bay and do some touching up on the front crossmember, plus remove the aircon pump and fit the new ancilliary belts but it's a pain in the arse none the less.

anyway i did manage to fit the new oil filter and get the engine ready for it's new oil, plus i got a photo of the manifold mounted

new filter, it's soooo tiny lol
2011-03-24164957.jpg

engine and gearbox with manifold
2011-03-24152552.jpg

and like i posted yesterday the p11 gearbox mount fits perfectly on this gearbox and mates in the correct position for the N16 :shades:
2011-03-24152608.jpg

that's all for now

i dont see how you made it so difficult darren mate.

we have an SR20 mounted in a K11 and only had to fabricate 1 mount...

Just want to pop my head in here (wahey) and say that darren has done an excellent job, seen it first hand and it looks like it was 20'd out the box, wiring and all.

Phil, top work dude. Looking forward to updates!

Dont get me wrong lovegod, im not saying it hasnt been done properly. Just a few things were made a little more complicated than they should've been :)

Hurry up Phil, you're taking too long about all this!

Just want to pop my head in here (wahey) and say that darren has done an excellent job, seen it first hand and it looks like it was 20'd out the box, wiring and all.

Phil, top work dude. Looking forward to updates!

im not putting down darrens work at all. what he done demands massive respect. i just think it could have been a little simpler, and still got the same result

Oh im not arguing dudes, i should have been clearer. I just think it was better that daz has took time to make sure of everything and literally just gone - one out, one in. I think i'd have gone that route myself, i'm all too familiar with experiencing issue's when crashing into jobs thinking that i know what i'm doing :lol:

Reactions: IT
thanks guys, be saturday at the earliest for mounting trials now, but believe me i want it finished quicker than you guys lol

yeah darren deserves huge respect for what he did, certainly watching his swap progress made me more sure of where i had to watch for and gave me confidence in doing my swap, and i can't wait to see it in person some time and get some double SR N16 photos :shades: but me i'm like ross and liam, i just get stuck in and work it out on the way, yeah you come unstuck sometimes but that's half the fun imho lol :lol:

VE 1 - Nistro 0. fucking thinkg drew blood today and now that phils away home im gonna go beat fuck outta it with a big hammer

Yep we have the engine in on 2 1/2 mounts, we would have gotten farther along but we had a little jaunt inland to go collect a full sport+ interior including doorcards and rear quarter inserts, plus a set of electric mirrors, all for the princely sum of £30, that's what I call fellow car club member pricing :shades: cheers again Garry your a top bloke! And thanks will for the removal van help, that big arse on the n15 is usefull for something after all :lol:

Also want to thank Steve for getting the gearbox bracket posted early enough in the day for next day guaranteed postage which meant it arrived this morning! Real aoc and neovvl love club action these last few days :)

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

Back
Top Bottom