N16 SR16VE

Heh I'll be having nightmares about being totally incapacitated by a sentient n16 wrapping me up in it's loom now lol. Nah mate it wont be that bad, I think the worst part will be wiring in the vz-r dash but I'll manage mate, just need you to make sure it doesn't start trying to tie me up lol.

Thanks Darren, were getting there slowly but surely, we just need to stop letting other things distract us lol, and hope for good weather :)

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

Well I took a trip through to Granite City today & saw this project in the metal. Have to say I was impressed with the progress you guys have made so far, it looks really promising. A couple of neat ideas in the pipeline too :wink:

thanks paul, it was good seeing you again today, i hope you had a safe drive home :)

well due to a few things happening today including seeing paul we didn't get any work done on the swap, but we did an oil and filter change on nistro's car and straightened out his tracking after he kerbed his alloy the other day and knocked the tracking out.

work will continue tomorrow :yes:

one thing we did find out today is that a PH2 n15 gti rear splitter will fit the n16 rear bumper perfectly with only a slight modification to the n16 bumper around the exhaust cutout, and the front n15 bumper would fit the n16 too with slight modifications :cool:

2011-03-28131638.jpg

with some work it does ed not much required but some is needed, once we get one tacked on and sitting right we will get better shots but atm getting the engine running and going is our main priority

we will document the entire rear bumper/splitter conversion mate done worry, tho i am surprise this has never been though of before

Of course it's been thought of :lol: just never been the opportunity to try it before ;). A separated rear splitter is rare, and one available when an N16 is about to try (just see how many N16s actually go to meets over the last few years!) is even more rare!

fair enough well if this works out i have a feeling the p2 rear splitter might become quite sought after item for the n16 crowd lol

ed the rear corners and wheel arches meet up perfectly, as you can see the left side is holding itself in place, what will need to be modded is the n16 bumper exhaust cutout as the splitters exhaust cutout is much larger and hits the bumper there. once the bumper is cut out the splitter will fit perfectly :shades:

but like will says we'll get pics done as we go when fitting it so as you can see how well it works, but i'd go as far as saying if you want one go buy it now as it will work perfectly :). at last a decent splitter for the rear on an N16 :shades:

At last a decent splitter that's available in the UK for the N16 ;) (NB: Giacuzzo's one is awesome but only available from Germany). Nice one guys, thanks for indulging me :thumb:.

well yeah there is that one :redface: lol

no worries ed, after the work you've put in forwarding the N16 cause i don't mind indulging you, what i'll do tomorrow is take a pic to show you how the left side sits, and like i said the right side will sit exactly the same when the exhaust cutout is done, then after the swap is completed we'll do the full howto, though it's very simple to see how it will work out once you see it in person ;)

[edit]
jeez looking closer at that photo i just realised how clear some of my war wounds are on my head lol
[/edit]

Reactions: edk
Lol, How ironic. I have a spare Ph2 splitter sitting here, i needed it yesterday to measure the exhaust hole. i was also thinking to myself I wonder if it would fit the N16....

Back
Top Bottom