N16 SR16VE

If you have a roof and walls then an oil or gas burning space heater solves the cold and damp problems ;) i had a gas burning one in my old unit and it went from freezing cold to T-shirt warm in under an hour and that was a 2 car plus working space sized unit :). But like I said finding the unit is the problem up here :(.

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

pffffft you need to try shoveling snow then working on your car :P

why isnt this running yet?

Snow, you Southerners don't even get proper snow :tt2:

And inclement weather is the main reason, but why isn't yours running properly yet? :lol:

oh_yes_he_did_tshirt-p2359454539275448723yc0_400.jpg

draft_lens2282027module12521868photo_1226245571slide_606_12547_large.jpg

Rose_Oh_Yes_I_Did.jpg

OOOOOO ice burn!

mines not running cos its a huge sack of crap with a sprinling of dioreah..

but atlelast its not in a cheese eating surrender monkey chassis :P

oooooooooooooooooo

Lol but that doesn't wash I'm afraid, unless you thnk the n16 was designed tested and released in just a few months?

And your car is far from a pile of crap mate!

Also the main extent of the Nissan Renault partnership is that Renault develop the deisel engines and Nissan the petrol, so please enough with the lame French crap cause it doesn't wash. The n16 is as Japanese as the n15, and it's a better chassis too :tt2:

http://www.renault.com/en/groupe/l-alliance-renault-nissan/pages/l-alliance-renault-nissan.aspx

Also I don't see these jibes toward the r34 or r35? ;)

Yeah amuses me that no one digs at any other nissan's. Just cause Europe didnt get a powerful petrol engine in the N16. If we'd got the QR25 like the yank boys it would have been a different story :).

Also just to clarify, Renault helped develop the Nissan Diesel engines, not solely. The newer DCi engines like the 1.5 and 2.0 are Renault now though.

Anyway, my response now to this french argument is always - "Read from here - http://www.almeraownersclub.com/showthread.php?p=334203&postcount=52 and the link posted in the last post..."

:lol:

its quite possibly down to the fact the N16 had two of the most UNRELIABLE engines ever made by nissan. coupled with an unreliable drivetrain.

other than that. all is good.

growing on me tbh... i'd own one.

Incomparable imo. Weight and the N1 was given better shocks, and strut braces. If the N16 had been given a GTi trim (like the SpecV in the US) it would have had strut braces and better shocks, just like the N15 GTi. Nissan never made the N16 Almera (let alone a Van) to be a performance car. However the chassis has this potential as it's a development of the N15. The yanks seems happy enough with their B15 SR20 cars anyway :).

Meh, assembled is more like. Parts still designed in japland, and most parts came form there too.

Back
Top Bottom